The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), owned by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC), provides training for over 3,000 students.
CUHAS is currently running programmes in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Medicine (MMed), Master in Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Pediatric Nursing (M.Sc.PN), Master of Science in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology (M.Sc. CMMB), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Bachelor of Science in Nursing Education (B.Sc.NED), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N), Bachelor of Medical
Laboratory Sciences (BMLS), Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy (B.Sc. MIR), Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences (DPS), Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences (DMLS) and Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography (DDR). CUHAS is looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals to fill the following positions.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III– 2 POSTS
a) Direct Entry Qualification
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Human Resources, Management Education, Industrial Relations, Sociology or its equivalent from a recognized University/ Institution.
b) Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinating and facilitating various daily administrative activities for the School or Directorate
- Prepare and maintain records of information relevant to each docket
- Responsible for files and documents in the respective offices
- Receive and Serve visitors
- Data compilation and report preparation
- Ensuring that internal and external communications have been handled appropriately for smooth flow of information
- Preparing meetings and the necessary documents
- Drafting of letters and making follow-up on correspondences
- Acting as a liaison between the respective office and other internal stakeholders
- Coordinating School’s or Directorates’ activities as per instructions
- To participate in reviewing and providing advice on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules
- To assist in collecting, analysis and maintaining personnel/ students records and statistics
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Assisting in preparation of the School’s/Directorate’s budgets.
- Making requisitions on behalf the School/Directorate where relevant
- Enhancing the customer service in the designated offices
- Assisting in preparing various meetings and periodic performance reports.
- To perform any other relevant assignments/tasks as may be assigned by his/her seniors
c) General Attributes
- Adherence to professional ethics,
- Language proficiency in medium of instruction.
- Ability to communicate information, knowledge and skills to others,
- Computer literacy,
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work as part of a team,
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation,
- Ability to exercise initiative and be proactive and
- Motivation for innovation, further learning and continuing professional development.
Successful candidates will be offered competitive packages and benefits in accordance with their qualifications and experience as per CUHAS Scheme of Service.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applications must be typed in English.
- All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts. For applicants with foreign certificates, a recognition by TCU must be attached.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
- The deadline is Saturday 10th September, 2022 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS)
P.O. BOX 1464,
Or E-Mail to: [email protected]