The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) andbecame operational in 1980.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Physician, Clinical Research Nurse, Research Officer and Project accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the mentioned posts which require a highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
CLINICAL RESEARCH NURSE: ( 2 POSITION)
The Clinical Research Nurse, under the guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator & Principal Investigator (PI), ensures the integrity and quality of clinical trials are maintained and conducted in accordance with GCP and local regulations, Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals, and procedures. T
his position is primarily responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study participants according to protocols, and for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of research participants.
i. To Ensure compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each subject study visit;
ii. To participate in recruitment and selection of study participants by interviewing and documenting medical history to determine compliance with eligibility requirements;
iii. To perform medical tests, including, but not limited to, vital signs;
iv. To Provide participant education and medical information to study participants to ensure understanding of proper vaccine dosage and administration;
v. To interface with research participants, to support efforts to determine eligibility and consenting of study participants according to protocol;
vi. To obtain informed consent from participant or family member;
vii. To fill consent forms;
viii. To establish and maintain a positive relationship with study participants;
ix. To chase outstanding blood results (in conjunction with study doctors) and informing study doctor of results;
x. To document relevant clinical information in participant records;
xi. To book and chase results of investigations (Chemistries, viral load etc);
xii. To trace non-attenders through note entries, phone calls, text messages or visiting them in the community;
xiii. To fax CRFs using Redcap;
xiv. To respond error reports from Redcap in collaboration with the study doctor;
xv. To updating of patient follow-up spreadsheet;
xvi. To Liaise with laboratory staff on a daily basis regarding new positive results;
xvii. To assist with study and sub-study specimen collection, storage and shipping as required; and
xviii. And carry out any other related duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Valid RN license;
2. Minimum of a diploma from an accredited nursing school required;
3. Two (2) years of recent clinical nursing experience in a hospital, clinic or similar health care setting (Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year work experience);
4. Nursing competency skills per scope of practice (i.e., performing vital signs, nursing assessments, etc.);
5. At least one (1) year clinical trials research experience preferred;
6. Knowledge of medical terminology, drug calculation skills, clinical medicine, clinical trials and GCP concepts;
7. Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work;
8. Strong follow through skills and ability to proactively identify and solve problems; demonstrated initiative is imperative;
9. Must have professional demeanor, strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and co-workers;
10. Ability to work well independently as well as in team environment;
11. Strong interpersonal, customer service and multi-tasking skills are critical;
12. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment, or have a willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency within six months of hire;
13. Possess the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and manage deadlines;
14. Knowledge of GCP, state, and local regulations.
REPORTING: The Clinical Research Nurse will report to Project Principal Investigator.
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Initial One-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
DUTY STATION: Clinical research nurse will be based in Dar es Salaam or Coastal Region.
COMPENSATION: A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 09th January, 2022 to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to: Director General
National Institute for Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: [email protected]