Position: Field Worker (2-posts)
Reports To: Supervisor
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: June 24th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant positions of Field worker who will work as a technician in the Insectary testing laboratory Bagamoyo and perform mosquito rearing, mosquito preparation for specified experiments including dissection whenever necessary. Also, He/she will be responsible for cleanness in the testing laboratory and maintain equipment and facilities in good condition.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all mosquito rearing work is performed under GLP with a set of SOPs provided.
- Perform net cutting and wash as per GLP requirement.
- Maintain equipment and facilities as dictated by set of standard operating procedures.
- Check regular if equipment’s are in appropriate working order.
- Regularly check room temperature recording and reporting malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of the test room at all time.
- Obtain experiment supplies and keep record as required.
- Learn and perform mosquito dissection whenever necessary.
- Participate in the mosquito sorting and preparation for specified experiments.
- Attend any training that is required by the role.
- Record keeping in data collection.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate in secondary education/Certificate in primary education with two years’ experience may be considered.
Skills and Competencies
- He/She expected to maintain high standard of conduct and time keeping.
- Must have good insectary laboratory practice.
- Safely working with pesticides.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in your working hours.
- Adhere to GLP standards.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below. The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday the 24th of June 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Research Officer- IPTI qualitative.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.