The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza.
- Position: Internal Auditor (entry level) – 5 Posts
- Reports to: Head of Division.
- Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To review, assess and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems pertaining to Bank operations and provide recommendations to strengthen the controls systems.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities;
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls in the area of operations and make recommendations to improve the controls and procedures in place;
- Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures;
- Review accounting records and prepare appropriate audit reports;
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to the Management;
- Evaluate the relevancy, reliability and integrity of management and financial information;
- Assess compliance with the established policies, procedures and instructions;
- Monitor implementation of management decisions on audit recommendations;
- Conduct special audits in cases of suspected financial or operational malpractices;
- Perform other related duties as may be
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited institution with at least upper second
- CPA (T) qualification or its equivalent.
- CISA qualifications will be an added
- Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3) years.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this
- Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth
- One recent passport size
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
- Deputy Governor,
- Administration and Internal Controls, Bank of Tanzania,
- 2 Mirambo Street, 11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
Closing Date and Time: 18th June 2021 at 16.00 pm