Position: Admin Clerk II
Reporting to: Accounts Payable Admin
- Verification and posting of invoices/bills – Ensure that all invoices/bills are properly and timely verified with accurate details from the invoice; make follow up of all invoices/bills which are not yet invoiced/billed as per suppliers’ reconciliations refers.
- Housekeeping – Ensure that all invoices/bills without supporting documents i.e. delivery notes are being followed up and verified timely and ensure accurate verification of tax with proper tax coding i.e imported service, VAT, etc
- Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
- Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor of Commerce / Advance Diploma/Diploma in Accountancy
Knowledge and Specific Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Reasonably independent and able to resolve own difficulties
- Excellent knowledge of Group and local reporting requirements and accounting practices
- Excellent knowledge of Tanga Cement reporting requirements and accounting standards
- Excellent knowledge of internal control requirement
- Good knowledge of computer based financial accounting systems
- Working knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Totally honest and trustworthy
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Take responsibility to adhere to company procedures
- Must enjoy routine and take pride in producing accurate reports to meet deadlines on a regular basis
- Positive and enthusiastic to improve financial accounting performance
- Able to respond to heavy demands and high work pressure.
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to [email protected], on or before 31 August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanga Cement PLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.