We are the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, and our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Purpose of the Role: To provide proficient administrative assistant support to senior leaders in our business. This is a varied and challenging role which requires a high degree of pro-activity, flexibility, initiative and confidentiality.
To provide efficient and effective logistical, financial and administrative support and ensure that the corporate office maintains standard Guinness systems and best practices for logistics, finance and administration functions in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Administrative Assistant roles at Guinness are critical to the smooth running of our business; it is a varied role, with ample opportunities to grow and maximize the impact of the leaders and teams you support.
The world of work is changing, and the ways in which you can contribute to the success of the business is also. Getting to grips and understanding the business areas you support will be key, in order to support your leaders, their meetings, projects and the general business environment.
Whilst this role is intended to support the Guinness Global Brand Director roles, our teams and leaders constantly evolve and as such, you may be reassigned to support a different leader (or group of leaders) to those originally advertised.
• Provides assistance with all administrative and clerical tasks for assigned leaders and staff.
• Effective diary management – emphasis on anticipating needs and understanding priorities.
• Management/co-ordination of functional specific projects and administration.
• Co-ordination of data and preparation of relevant business reports and presentations.
• Ensure all Purchase Orders, invoices and expenses are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
• Travel, visa and accommodation management and co-ordination.
• Timely management of expenditure via Concur, ensuring a thorough filing and reference system is in place.
• Management and organization of internal and external events e.g. conferences, meetings, events.
• Meeting space management and bookings.
• Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
• Organize and schedule appointments and meetings.
• Answer and direct incoming calls.
• Utilize various reporting systems to create cross category and client reporting.
• Support other administrative tasks and projects for the team when required; Core administrative skills.
• In addition there may be asks from the broader leadership community where there are critical, ad-hoc or set piece meetings that need to be arranged
Competencies and Key Requirements:
• Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to anticipate, effectively prioritize and progress workload.
• Adopt a growth mindset approach to new projects / building new capabilities / in the face of change.
• Appetite to learn new tools and technologies to unlock capacity for team and leaders – anticipating needs, utilizing best practice tools and technology to drive effectiveness.
• Be creative and proactive in finding solutions to issues faced by the leaders you support and develop and apply an understanding of the function to your work.
• Continually demonstrate high standards and accountability in terms of planning, quality and accuracy of work outputs to meet challenging timescales.
• Utilize exceptional interpersonal skills to build and sustain excellent relationships across a diverse range of cross-functional networks, face to face and virtually.
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity, compliance and confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to perform a variety of duties/tasks including often going above and beyond the day to day requirements to ensure a smooth running of business activities.
• A good problem solver with a positive nature.
• Able to forge strong relationships across the administrative community to leverage experience and provide cover as needed
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum HND, Bachelors, Post graduate qualification or equivalent with at least 3 years administrative experience.
• Minimum 3+ year’s administrative experience that includes providing support to a senior leader of an organization.
• Participation in an approved accelerated development, fellowship or rotational program may be considered in lieu of experience.
• Intermediate to advanced PC software Application skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), required.
• Demonstration of high performance in a PA, Administrative Assistant or Team Assistant role.
• Experience in Microsoft suite usage and technology and digital savvy, proficient in digital and virtual meeting tools.
• Ideally proficient in the relevant functional systems e.g. Workday.