Responds immediately to emergency calls to deliver medical assistance. Transports patient to nearest appropriate medical facility in ambulance. Collaborates with emergency medical technicians, emergency care assistants, and other emergency medical responders to deliver patient care. Maintains ambulance and medical equipment therein.
Ambulance driver Job Duties:
- Drives ambulance or other emergency vehicles
- Takes sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination, using knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Driver shall observe strictly the company rules and regulation policies and directives and instruction of the Company.
- Administers firs aid as needed.
- Report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel.
- The driver shall be responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, break function, water, lights and tire condition and the like.
- Assist paramedic to handle a patient.
- Cleaning and maintain ambulance
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
- Reporting accident facts to police officers, when necessary.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
Ambulance driver Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum secondary education with awarded certificate.
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Valid defensive certificate.
- Assessment report from recognized institution.
- Valid driving license with C, C1, C2 grade.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
- Good Listening skills.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills.
- Team Player & Physical Strength.
- Clean vehicle records.
The required candidate must have Defensive Driving and First Aid trainings with awarded certificate.
Minimum of 10-years’ experience working as a driver in well recognized facility Having ambulance driving experience will be added advantage
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to [email protected] before 30th September 2022.