- Company: Exim Bank Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Assistant Manager – DBA & System Admin and Development.
Reporting to: Manager – Database and Systems Administration Responsible for: N/A Region: Dar es Salaam.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The job of Database Administrator, System Development was established for the purpose/s of analyzing departmental and individual requirements for database solutions; participate in developing, implementing and maintaining applications; documenting system components; and serving as a technical advisor to staff and other bank personnel.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
- Make recommendations on custom applications which may include a number of data capture systems for banking operations and other databases.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Advanced Diploma in IT, IS, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics or related field is desirable, a BSc graduate in any or the fields is preferred.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), Unix and database management systems (DBMS).
- Knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, Java, VB.net etc
EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
- A good understanding of database architecture, software and database management systems.
- The ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- A good understanding of banking products, procedures and systems.
- Good team-working skills
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the banking industry.
Hours of Work: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload.
Method of Application
Please send your application to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 June 2021.