The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified young Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the following vacant positions at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and Training Institute, Mwanza.
- Position: Legal Officer (entry level) – 3 Posts
- Reports to: Head of Division
- Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To provide legal services and advice to management to enable the Bank to conduct its affairs in compliance with the Act establishing the Bank, other legislation and its internal policies and regulations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Gather and document all physical related evidence in the crime and fraud scene;
- Receive and analyse all physical related evidence in the crime and fraud scene;
- Conduct investigation on workplace crime and fraud and prepare factual reports;
- Cooperate and make follow-up on investigation conducted by law enforcement agencies to which Bank is party or interested;
- Take account of crime and fraud scenes through photographs and diagrams to form basis of investigation;
- Obtain search and arrest warrants from relevant law enforcement agencies;
- Follow-up investigations on workplace offences and prepare factual reports;
- Advise Management on approaches, options and consequences relating to conduct of affairs to ensure legal protection of the Bank’s operations;
- Provide legal opinion and advice to Management on cases and on various legal issues that may arise from time to time;
- Assess adequacy of existing legal framework within which the Bank operates and advise management on appropriate action;
- Draft, review and update contracts and agreements relating to the operations of the Bank in collaboration with relevant parties and participate in negotiations where necessary;
- Initiate and facilitate mandatory registration of legal documents such as title deeds, trust deeds and other instruments;
- Assess applications and advise Management on licensing and regulation of banks, financial institutions, credit reference bureau and bureaux de change;
- Follow up publication of subsidiary legislations relating to the Bank’s activities in the Government Gazette;
- Provide secretarial services to Management committees as and when required;
- Advise Management on and interpret Bank’s policies, regulations and procedures;
- Prepare legal briefs and contracts for negotiations with other parties on various issues;
- Provide support in safekeeping of legal documents and maintain confidentiality;
- Perform other related duties as may be
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or Law Enforcement from accredited institution with at least upper second
- Professional certification from Law School of Tanganyika and registered as an Advocate of the High Court of
- Fresh graduate or with experience of not more than three (3) years.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact address, email and telephone
- Applicants should apply on the strengths of the information given in this
- Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Certified Professional Certifications from respective professional bodies
- Certified birth
- One recent passport size
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope with the application
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
- Deputy Governor,
- Administration and Internal Controls, Bank of Tanzania,
- 2 Mirambo Street, 11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
Closing Date and Time: 18th June 2021 at 16.00 pm