The Client Service Officer (CSO) impacts every customer. The CSO will be responsible for after sales service, building and enhancing relationships and creating value through cross sell for the respective business segment customers. This position is vital in that it serves as a one-window gateway that the customer can use to channel all their queries on banking and expect to receive professional and timely responses. The holder will be expected to be polite and courteous and able to deal with customers.
- Conducting roundtables regularly with clients and attending to client visits to the bank whenever called upon.
- Channeling customer feedback to the unit head and the relationship managers as well as identifying sensitive customer issues and escalating the same in line with the escalation process.
- Identifying cross sale opportunities for their customers and implementing the sales as well as position Citi-products to the customers.
- Providing world-class customer service to select customers by provision of post-sales support, ensuring customers are supported for all day-to-day bank business.
- Understanding the customer tiering for the business segment they support and implementing differentiated service offerings.
- Support monitoring of Customer Feedback through CSS (Independent Customer Satisfaction Surveys)
- Ensuring they acquaint themselves on new product offerings, related transactions and deals in order to ensure smooth after sales support.
- Assisting in ensuring total satisfaction of the customers and that professionalism is maintained.
- Understanding the behavior patterns and attributes of the different segments of customers ensure smooth Back-up process. These attributes include product usage, customer sensitivity, credit usage, automation levels etc.
- Ensure proper communication with clients verbally, in written form or in person. Thus communication skills need to be polished at all times.
- Client -on-boarding for new products used by the client. This involves constant follow ups on how the customer is doing.
- Proactively calling customers to check satisfaction level. Monitoring the issues raised from the proactive calls to ensure the issues are closed.
Proactive Monitoring and Servicing of Assigned Customers:
- Initiate service related calls with RM awareness,
- Focus on opportunity to reduce volumes from top volume clients; repeat requests, client understanding of available digital tools
- Engage partners to support reduction opportunity. Share opportunity, results and lessons learnt in team huddles
- Understand content and material provided on CKC site and promote with our clients and partners
- Identify opportunities for customer error reduction, by for instance training the customers.
- Participate in some client calls with RMs,
- Resolve customers’ telephone enquiries.
- Monitor Customer Feedback through CSS (Independent Customer Satisfaction Surveys)
Internal Review of Assigned Customers:
- Document customer/Citibank operational inefficiencies,
- Propose solutions for the above, implement and monitor,
- Review customer product use and discuss cross-sale opportunities,
- Discuss opportunities for customer service improvements,
- Participate in departmental staff review of issues and their resolution,
- Meet set standards for customer satisfaction and CS activity
- Preparation of weekly metrics report for tracking of calls and outstanding queries.
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Previous related experience preferred
- Understand business procedures, business products, processes and computer systems. – analytical, possessing advanced skills in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet management;
- University degree or High School diploma or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Job Family Group:
Institutional Customer Service——————————————————
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting