Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: BASE & FACILITIES OFFICER
Direct Reports: LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER
Location: LIWALE – LINDI
Carrying out or supervising all logistic and maintenance activities in the MSF premises (office, ware house and Guest houses) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the structure and facilities there in fully serviced and in optimal running conditions
- Implementation of security measures in MSF premises
- Tracking consumption of supplies, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly disposed.
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings etc. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
- Supervising and leading the team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings
- Reporting any problems within the premises (electrical, water system, appliances etc) to the line manager in order to rectify as quick as possible
- Flexible to work and /or cover gaps in other positions as requested by the line manager.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- At least Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management or related study
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related position
- Previous experience with fleet management is added advantage
- Working with NGO is added avantage
- Knowledge of both English and Swhili is desired
Competences and main skills:
- Essential knowledge working with MS Office packages
- Essential planning and organising skills
- Results oriented with good stress management
- Ability to work in a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment, flexibility and agility.
- Ability to work and blend with a multicultural team
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday Sept 14th 2022 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “BASE AND FACILITY OFFICER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or Navikubo Executive Lodge & Retaurant P.o.Box 97 Liwale Lindi.