From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons.
And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
- Ensure data quality and availability, champion Data Quality and be the point of accountability for Data Governance teams to support in market process continuous improvement and be the in market lead in connecting the data work streams across Commercial from the transactional data assets like SFA / Depletions to hierarchies of outlet and customer.
- Work closely with the leads of the other Commercial work streams to ensure all independencies are understood and planned in line with delivery timelines also from understand the back-office processes and requirements feed into the in market product owner required functionality for both BAU but also business improvement.
- Structure and identify the key business problems that data can help solve and ensure requirements are detailed, work with the Project Business analysts to capture these requirements and through having a robust understanding of the back-office processes, data requirements and independencies with other functions and systems you will ensure smooth transition from existing products into the new product.
- A good understanding of how the back-office processes effect the day to day lives of the Field Sales force are crucial as decisions will need to made on what future data requirements are.
- Ensuring business as usual during the transition and that all reporting such as CPD, NRM, Analytics, isn’t affected by changes being made, being able to ensure all data is cleansed and ready for migration and Support the in Market Product Owner for the product for back office UAT.
- EXPERIENCE IN DCOMMERCE – You have first-hand experience of buying things online.
- CREATIVITY– You are skilled with a camera, basic lighting and sound equipment and editing software, to deliver professional looking content. You are experienced in writing articles and conducting interviews. You have an abundance of creative flare and love making your visions come to life.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT – Comfortable with navigating a complex business, multiple markets and teams and building relationships fast.
- INSATIABLE CURIOSITY – Strong desire to understand consumers, customers and shoppers and the world they exist in, digital revolution and Omni channel context, with evidence in applying this to drive business growth.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Managing multiple external stakeholders including contract negotiation, which needs to be checked thoroughly, both from a commercial perspective and from legal perspective.