A Development Program to be implemented in Kiore Ward of Tarime District seeks to recruit a Community Facilitator. The Community Facilitator (CF) will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of program activities in the program area.
The CF is expected to work with the community to strengthen their capacities in areas of community and reproductive health, crop production and livestock husbandry, rural livelihoods and natural resource management through trainings, field visits and general extension approaches, networking, collaborations and overseeing the general implementation of the program activities.
It will also entail liaising closely with relevant government departments and other development agencies.
Position Location: The position will be based in Kiore Ward of Tarime District.
Deadline for receiving applications: January 31, 2022
Duties and responsibilities
- Mobilize community members and create awareness for purposes of implementing program activities in the designated program area.
- Coordinate field activities in close collaboration with community members and program leaders.
- Ensure that the program activities are implemented according to an approved activity plan and budget
- Carry out or facilitate trainings of community members in the identified capacity gaps
- Support the community organization and its base groups to establish and enhance strong collaboration with the relevant governmental and other development agencies working in the area to offer technical support to the program.
- Support capacity strengthening of the community organization to become self-reliant and capable of addressing development challenges in the community.
- Support the program in resource mobilization, carrying out program planning, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting and reporting.
- Closely monitor program activities and carry out evaluation and documentation of program outcomes.
- Liaise with World Neighbors regional team on all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure equitable gender participation in all the program activities.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- A professional training in at least one of the following areas: general agriculture, agribusiness, natural resource management, environmental health, community health or equivalent up to certificate level
- Diploma in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in working with communities at the grassroots level
- Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Computer literacy especially in MS Office package including internet and email
- Be honest, a team player, self motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong mobilization and facilitation skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and be fluent in both Kiswahili and English
- Be a Tanzanian citizen and willing to reside in or close to Kiore Ward
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your CV and a cover letter to:
P.O. Box 256, Tarime
Alternatively to the following emails:
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED