All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Develop data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Other activities agreed and discussed with supervisor
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating WASH committee feedback about NRC’s WASH interventions
- Perform GIS database development, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and mapping
- Work closely with the program teams, M&E.
- Responsible for data collection, entry, analyze and management, also Making sure data collected are accuracy
- Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies
- Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire
- Maintain, update, and expand data base system from automated data analysis and map production for factsheets
- Identify map information needs.
- Identify and access map information sources.
- Ensure accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data.
- Production of GIS outputs including maps and factsheets.
- Ensures that the produced maps meet the requirements of NRC -WASH and concerned partners.
- Monitor accuracy of data collected; Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates, and solve eventual discrepancies; Manage, update, and deploy monthly questionnaire.
Position: Data Officer -WASH (1)
Reports to: WASH PC
Duty station: Kibondo-Nduta
Duration: 4 Months Could be extended based on funding availability
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or a related discipline
- 3 years of experience in GIS / Database management, preferably in humanitarian context Considerable experience in analyzing complex data and knowledge of other statistical programming languages and packages a plus;
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO, survey CTO).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, mainly communities effectively.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Able to perform field data collection activities requiring long durations of walking
The deadline for submitting the application is 08 September 2022.