The first step in developing a Job Description is to do a Job Analysis. It is the process of doing an in-depth examination of a work and collecting information about the general activities, or functions, obligations, responsibilities, and the consequence of a specific job. It is a procedure in which we create material for the work and then share it with the employee to make him aware of his obligations and responsibilities.
There are two outcomes of a Job Analysis
- Position Description
- Job Description
The following tasks are part of the Job Analysis process.
- Examining existing workers’ job responsibilities and gathering information about job responsibilities and obligations from other sources such as the Internet.
- Analyzing the tasks that must be completed by employing the employee, as well as the employee’s roles and obligations.
- Finally, verbalization of the position’s outcome or contributions is required.
- An efficient job description can only be prepared after a thorough examination of the work. While conducting a job analysis, try to acquire as much information as possible.
A job description is essentially a summary of the activities and responsibilities necessary to execute a certain job. It typically includes the following information.
- Job Description
- Responsibilities and Roles
- Salary Scale
Writing a decent job description is critical for a company since the outcome of recruiting an individual is heavily reliant on the accessible job description.
Job Specification is a statement which tells us minimum acceptable human qualities which helps to perform a job. It is a written statement of educational qualifications, specific qualities, level of experience, communication skills required to perform a job.
A job specification has the following components
Total Experience: It includes the total number of years of experience required to perform the job. Generally it is written in a range e.g 5-7 years etc.
Education Qualification: It includes what degree, training or certification required for the job.
Required Skills: This section includes physical, emotional, technical, and communication skills required performing a job and also including responsibilities involved in a job.
Job description and job specification are two integral parts of job analysis. They are the written documents helps both employer & employee to understand the job requirement. These documents are very important to find the best fit for the available job.
Hope this article will help you clear the doubt on Job Analysis, job Description & Job specification.