The Tanzania Youth Empowerment and Skills (YES) Activity will support the Government of Tanzania to increase the empowerment, productivity, and community engagement of youth through an integrated cross-sectoral activity.
Tanzania YES is a four-year education and youth activity supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The objectives will allow youth to become actors in their own well-being and become agents of change and will be tailored to out-of-school youth aged 15-25.
This activity will be implemented in three to four regions that include Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam and up to one or two in the following regions: Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (Iringa, Morogoro, Njombe, Mbeya) and Lake Western Zone (Mwanza, Shinyanga, Mara, Kagera).
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will assist and support the Chief of Party (COP) in financial management, administration, and general operation of the project, oversee and provide support to financial and compliance as required by USAID regulations and standards.
The DFA will work in coordination with the Winrock home office, including the finance, contracts, security, and project support staff. The DFA will supervise selected personnel in the project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the project’s administrative and financial management, human resources, and procurement portfolio and processes.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting processes to and in accordance with USAID and Winrock Rules and Regulations.
- Manages internal and external project finance audits and conducts due diligence to ensure that USG funds are not diverted from their development purpose.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train the project staff in these policies.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are following Winrock’s policies and U.S. government regulations.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
- Prepare information as needed to provide the COP with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
- Oversee and lead all administrative, logistical, and financial management and operations for project.
- Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff in targeted areas to ensure that smooth financial processes are upheld.
- Develop and monitor systems to mitigate risk, fraud, and waste.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of Kiswahili is required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the financial and operations processes of donor funded projects in East Africa, with progressively increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement and enforce USAID procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Experience in the application of a competitive procurement processes, especially regarding consultants and service providers.
- Experience managing grants or providing administrative oversight of grants.
- Experience building the capacity of staff in a broad range of areas related to finance and operations.
- International donor experience is required, USAID experience.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer. Tanzanian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply, as are women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups.
All employees should adhere to USAID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization.