SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world.
Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Driver ( 3 Posts)
Duty station: 1 Arusha District Council, 1 Karatu District
Council and 1 National Office-Dares Salaam
Reporting to: Admin Cum HR Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Driver is responsible for meeting transportation needs of the SOS Children’s Villages .In doing so, he carries an important responsibility, being entrusted with the lives of staff, Children, properties and the reputation of SOS Children’s Villages. Always present as a role model for the Village children.
- Fulfills transport needs for SOS Children’s Villages programs.
- Ensures Safety of the vehicle, staff and their properties.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- Maintains the safety and security of the Vehicle by ensure the vehicle is full equipped with safety material all the time.
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean and in good working condition all the time.
- Advises the Administrator on technical issues (minor and major repairs) of the vehicle as soon as the problem arises.
- Assist the Administrator to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated accordingly.
- Assist in the delivery/collection of mail, documents, equipment as instructed by the administrator.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external officials
- Ensure the logbook is filled accordingly, kept up to date as per the schedules of the trips and the responsible person sign the book after every trip.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- CSEE and Certificate from VETA, National Institute of Transport (NIT) or any recognized colleges / institutions.
- Must possess VIP driving Certificate
- Have valid driving license at all the time
- At least 3-5 years working experience preferably NGOs
- Basic knowledge on Child rights and Child protection
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter by email enclosed by only detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic and professional certificates. Closing date is 18th September, 2022.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania [email protected]
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted