Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Earthworks Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Capital Projects Foreman
• Comply with all site safety and environmental standards, procedures and policies.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time.
• Supervise all earthworks activities and able to communicate effectively to site personnel during the earthworks activities.
• Plan, prepare and manage earthwork activities safely.
• Knowledgeable in the key requirements of the relevant legislation.
• Able to put in place control measures and good practices to prevent damage to the underground cables, pipes and other services.
• Develop data base to monitor equipment fuel consumption and operating hours.
• Ensure all drainage systems are well designed and maintained to control the movement of storm water.
• Proactive and willing to intervene with regards to contractors activities on site.
• Carry out other task assigned by Foreman Capital Projects.
• Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
• Trade certificate (FTC, NIT) or Diploma in Civil / Highway.
• Valid driving license
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in large scale multidisciplinary projects.
• Ability to work in a team and remain professional at all times.
• Experience in the Mining Industry will be an added advantage
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Engineering codes, standards, legislation and regulations
• Quality management
• Ability to adopt and work under tight schedules.
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skill