DIRECTOR SOCIAL SECTORS
Grade : P5
Organ : EAC Secretariat
Directorate : Social Sectors
Reports to : Deputy Secretary General (Productive and Social Sectors)
Station : Arusha, Tanzania
Main Purpose of the Job
To coordinate projects and programmes and enhance cooperation related to Social Sectors embracing Education, Science and Technology, Gender, Culture and Community Development, Health, Labour, Employment and immigration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate initiate, formulate and harmonise policies and programmes related to social sectors development as enumerated above;
- Provide management support, monitor performance and ensure that the institutional performance evaluation management and feedback process is applied to all Technical Officers assigned responsibilities in sectors in above;
- Provide advice related to the above sectors to management and other staff;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of consolidated plans and strategies that lead to increased cooperation in sectors in above;
- Identify policy gaps and facilitate research in priority areas/sectors;
- Promote joint development strategies in policies and programmes related to the sectors in above;
- Coordinate harmonisation of laws and regulations related to the said sectors;
- Promote information and data sharing among Partner States on policies and data for policy coordination and harmonisation;
- Coordinate Implementation of Council decisions relating to the above sectors;
- Prepare progress and annual reports; and
- Provide technical guidance to Professional Staff under the Directorate.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Economic Policy and Planning, Policy Analysis, Social Sciences or a related field.
- 15 years of relevant experience with at least 8 years at managerial level. Should be able to work independently in a diverse environment. Experience in working similar organisations or institutions will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, analytical skills, Computer skills, Leadership and
- people management, management of diversity, team – building skills, planning skills, supervisory
- skills, research skills, networking skills, project management and implementation skills and monitoring and evaluation skills, proficiency in the use of computers.
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with such requirements .
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training, and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1)
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th June 2021. Please note:
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not :
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age. Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in the respective Partner States) and employment records.
The Secretary General
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.eac.int