ECONOMIST (1 post)
Reports to: TICGL Senior Economist
Station: Dar Es Salaam
Main Purpose of the Position: TICGL Economist will be one of the key members of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation team and will play a key role in the strategic planning and all development aspects of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
i. Take lead in the preparation of the Commission Annual Work Planning linking with the TICGL Development Strategy and TICGL Strategic Plan;
ii. Initiate and coordinate investment planning for the sustainable development;
iii. Promote innovations in the design of TICGL Programmes and Projects, their organization and management to improve the Commission outcomes/outputs and ensure the synergy and compatibility among the projects;
iv. Play key role in identification, analysis for emerging economic trends and problems and opportunities at regional level in the basin;
v. Collect, review and analyze data for use in investment plans, reports and policy recommendations;
vi. Plan for the implementation of strategies for information dissemination and feedback on the Commission’s activities to end users and /or stakeholders;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in economics, development economics, macro/micro economics and complex development issues or related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in initiating; designing and planning economic development programmes in a busy government or private sector organisation; at least 1 years should have been at senior level;
- Knowledge of multilateral or bilateral development agencies, procedures and operations
Skills and competences:
- Excellent technical skills in economics; established track record of excellence in analytic work on economic and investment issues;
- Competence in the use of standard software MS office software;
- Ability to present and win support for ideas, maintain collaborative work relations with all levels of staff, senior government officials, promote and maintain a productive and cooperative team environment, proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and in multi-culture environment;
- Familiarity with programs and Projects design, including the M&E information on project specific development outcomes, interventions and implementation arrangements;
- Fluency in English.
The TICGL is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. TICGL will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply: Send CV only to:-
TICGL Senior Economist
Tanzania Investment and Consultant Group Ltd
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Or Send a CV Document to whatsApp number: +255 734 862 343
Before: Tuesday, September 06, 2022