JOB TITLE: EMBROIDERY-MACHINE OPERATOR (5) POSTS – FREE LANCERS
JOB LOCATION: Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Company Name: Caliber Publishers
Caliber Publishers deals with printing services of all promotional items. Its services cut across
Embroidery, digital printing, Offset printing, large format printing among others. It has been in
operations since 2017, and is growing its market shares and Customers accordingly.
1) Operates sewing machine to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to stitch cording, braid, or emblems on material or garments, following stamped design or working freehand without guide or markings: Reads work order to determine type and location of embroidery.
2) Selects size and color thread and draws it through machine guides and bobbin.
3) Turns setscrews to regulate machine settings.
4) Positions article under presser foot and presses pedal or knee control to start machine and control speed of sewing.
5) Guides fabric under needle with left hand or turns hand crank under feed bed to guide material, following stamped pattern or by freehand.
6) Observes sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction and notifies supervisor of malfunction.
7) May draw guide freehand on fabric.
8) May pin tissue paper pattern on fabric to be used as guide.
9) May use embroidery hoops to hold fabric taut.
10) May smooth embroidered area, using hand iron.
11) May repair defective embroidery or fill in blanks left by embroidery machine.
12) May operate automatic embroidery machines with multiple sewing heads controlled by perforated pattern tape.
13) May be designated according to type of work done as Cloth Numbered; Letterer.
14) When operating embroidery machine to sew tape or braiding to garment to form embroidery design, may be designated Corder.
Education and Qualifications:
1) At least 2 years working experience in a busy production office
2) Completion of a course in design or similar would be advantageous.
3) Bi-lingual – English and Swahili language if possible and MUST be a Tanzanian national
4) The ability to read and understand instructional manuals.
5) Being able to operate Plotter Machine and Large Format Machine will be an added advantage.
1) Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
2) Excellent administrative abilities and attention to detail.
3) Flexibility and availability when needed and working after hours.
Method of Application
Applications must include:
1. Curriculum vitae/resume.
2. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Send your applications to: [email protected]
Due date is 05th July 2021 at 03:30 pm