The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk, Regional Roads Network and Airports in Tanzania Mainland; It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridge scales.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS-Iringa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacant positions available for Civil Engineers, Weighbridge Operators and Office Assistant.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the positions, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable accountable and with high degree of integrity.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable; contacts;
- e Postal address, e-mail and Telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of birth and academic certificates;
- Applicants who are already working at any weighbridge station with TANROADS will not be considered;
- FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULT SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED;
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results will not be accepted;
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be certified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview;
- Application letters should be hand written in English Language.
Terms and Condition of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms of Three years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- The salaries for the posts will be according to TANROADS Scales.
POSITION TITTLE: ENGINEER II – (4 POSTS)
Scope of the Position
The successful candidate should be readv to work under minimum supervision , for considerable length of time when required
- To supervise road and bridge construction and maintenance activities.
- The position holder shall report to Regional Manager /In-charge of Maintenance
- Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Highway Engineering/Transportation Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher learning Institution;
- Experience on CAD will be added advantage;
- Must have knowledge of survey works especially on road projects;
- Must have at least one year experience in supervision of Road works
- Experience on RMMS and BMMS will be added advantage;
- Age: Not above 45 years;
- Must be Computer Literate;
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English Language;
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count surveys for roads and bridges;
- To Investigate sources and quality of construction materials along the roads;
- To identify causes of road accidents;
- Prepare contracts documents and drawings for maintenance works;
- To attend regular site meeting and prepare minutes;
- To Supervise contractors at site and force account operations;
- To prepare progress reports;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by superiors
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please send your hand written application with your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, so as to reach the address shown below not later than 6th September, 2022 at 16:30 hrs.
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. Those candidates who do not get invitation should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 23,