Barefoot College International is a not for profit, grassroots, Social Enterprise that creates pathways to build more sustainable, self-sufficient and resilient rural communities, while valuing and respecting the knowledge and wisdom they already possess.
It aims to create impact at scale through Public-Private-People partnerships model for decentralized, community owned solutions in the areas of Renewable Energy, Water, Livelihoods, Education, Communication, Health and Advocacy. It supports rural communities in achieving sustainable self-sufficiency.
Barefoot College International (BCI) opened its first Regional Vocational Training Center for East Africa in Zanzibar in 2015. Located in Kinyasini-Kibokwa delivers training targeting women on solar electrification, livelihood generation and Enriche activities.
Through the Enriche program, BCI invests in rural women as agents of sustainable change. It gives them the opportunity to embark on an empowerment journey; a journey to gain the confidence, skills and knowledge they need to reach their full potential and to fulfill their aspirations.
The Enriche curriculum modules include Financial Literacy, Micro-Enterprise Skills, Health & Wellness, Aspirations and Agency, Sustainable Living, Livelihood Skills, Rights and Responsibilities and Digital Skills.
The Enriche Facilitator will be responsible to co-design, adapt, deliver and assess the impact of the Enriche curriculum in collaboration with partner organizations.
Fluent spoken and written Kiswahili and English language skills essential, additional languages competencies beneficial.
– Microsoft office skills essential and basic design skills beneficial,
– Communication tools and social media
– Passion for learning, unlearning and sharing knowledge in various areas related to women empowerment
– Ability to use various teaching styles adapting the content and method to the preferences, level and realities of participants
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Self-starter, ability to work alone as well as in a team
– Ability to multi-task and stay organized
– Creativity and Can Do attitude to work in challenging situations
– Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (beneficiaries, community members, partners and donors)
Minimum candidate should have a diploma in education, community development, social science or related education qualification.
Enriche curriculum implementation:
– Create curriculum content targeted at for non-formally educated rural women on the 8 Enriche areas and adapt it to local specificities
– Identify each group’s priorities and needs, and select relevant topics and activities
– Plan and coordinate semester’s’ activities in collaboration with other sections in the center
– Gather resources for workshop implementation
– Conduct baseline surveys
– Facilitate / present workshops in English, Kiswahili and in ‘no common language’ scenarios
– Participate in design of digital teaching aids and material with audio-visual content
– Liaison with various sections within Barefoot College
– Develop partnerships with other NGOs and CBOs
– Training local NGOs / CBOs on their roles around Enriche curriculum
– Coordinate with other NGOs / CBOs the field implementation of Enriche related activities
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING:
– Collect data for accurate reporting
– Detailed documentation and report writing related to the workshops
– Monitor progress and assess learnings outcomes
How to Apply:
Send your application (CV + cover letter) before 8th October 2022 to [email protected]