ADRA Tanzania is part of the global humanitarian Network, delivering relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries—regardless of ethnicity, political affiliation, gender, status or religion. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADRA is currently seeking a dynamic and an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) to work alongside the Country Director. An ideal candidate is responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive, and proactive in finding solutions to challenges
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the Country Director
Reports to: Country Director
Duty Station: ADRA Head Quarters – Arusha with some travels to the field.
As Executive Assistant, you will regularly handle sensitive information and be required to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion. While specific responsibilities will vary, they will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Manage time commitment (calendar) for the Director and Executive Director, and respective prioritization
- Facilitate and manage communications and collaboration with other members of the management team, and other partners.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents on behalf of the Director and Executive Director
- Plan and organize management meetings, committee meetings and other high level strategic meetings, creating agendas and preparing minutes. Prepares and collects documents and materials for the meetings
- Troubleshoot problems and questions concerning office and organization policies and procedures, responding to inquiries and routine questions, referring only to those absolutely necessary to the supervisor
- Communicate with high level officials both inside and outside the ADRA Network. Handle highly confidential matters
- Welcome visitors and guests, and makes appropriate referrals to relevant departments
- Coordinate travel schedule/arrangements for the Director and Executive Director
- Coordinate record-keeping processes and organization, and multiplatform communications, such as web, email, and social media for the Director and Executive Director
- Provide general service and information to guests and visitors, and other duties as assigned
- Have finance background including cash management and reconciliations.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Director and / or Executive Director
- Must be a fast learner and the ability to learn new things.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Business Admin and any relevant field
- Experienced Executive Assistant, as well as in finance and or equivalent relevant experience in fast-paced office administration
- Preferred experience with complex calendaring for executives
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility, in a high pressure, fast paced and complex environment, to manage multiple, time sensitive assignments with the capacity to independently prioritize work with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to accomplish projects and assignments with strict deadlines.
- Proven ability with logistics and travel coordination.
- Demonstrated skills with organizing files, correspondence and documents and ability to recommend and implement systems to enhance related procedure and policy
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with organization leaders, and other stakeholders with a highly professional demeanor and strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional written, oral and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, excellent discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability with other systems and technology to improve administrative efficiency.
- Ability to learn new computer skills and systems
Apply by using the form on this page as no hand delivered applications shall be considered. Application Deadline is June 25, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.