The Executive Officer will be overseeing projects, programmes and day to day activities within the office of the Associate Regional Vice Provost, Tanzania and the Associate Dean, SONAM-Tanzania. This position is based in Dar es Salaam.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Supporting the Associate Regional Vice Provost Office and/or development of AKU’s overall Academic Strategy, including assisting with academic governance committees, ad hoc task forces or working groups set up to prepare minutes (when neededjand follow up with implementation of action items.
- Oversee, and manage, the day-today administrative functions within the office of the Associate Vice Provost, including staff supervision, and document control, dissemination, and approvals.
- Undertake, oversee, and monitor Projects as may be required from time to time to ensure successful and timely delivery
- Working in consultation with the Associate Regional Vice Provost, facilitate periodic (quarterly and annual) monitoring and evaluation of performance against annual plan goals and deliverables of units that report to the Associate Vice Provost
- Support and overseethe development of annual budget and activity plans for the Associate Dean-SONAM & Associate Regional Vice Provost’s office, supporting the delivery of the Academic Strategy and its implementation Plans
- Coordinating the high-level searches for the Associate Dean-SONAM & Associate Vice Provost’s Office including searches for Projects/Research Assistants and other staff
- Help drive, oversee, and create databases to collect relevant university wide statistics as required by regulatory bodies Requirements:
- Master’s degree from a reputable institution
- At least 5 years’ management experience in higher education and/or non-profit sector: experience working with organizations internationally and /or in Africa
- Ability to review, analyze and present complex ideas concisely and clearly in writing and orally
- Capacity for agile, flexible, and intellectual analysis of complex issues
- Creative problem solving and excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to demonstrate possession of a single-minded pursuit of excellence in all activities and passionate about education.
- Ability to work effectively with all constituencies and stakeholders of the university.
- A high sense of confidentiality and excellent management and organizational skills
- Multi-lingual, with the highest level of fluency in English and Swahili
- Experience with writing grant proposals, Board papers, and other complex documents.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and present ideas in a succinct manner
- Strong grasp of trends, complex regulatory environment in AKU’s regions and international trends in higher education.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with challenging, sensitive, and complex situations.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under tight deadlines, heavy workloads and with a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Willingness to travel to all AKU sites and AKDN locations (Tanzania)
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements of this position, please send your application package which should include an application letter, an updated CV to [email protected] not later than 18th September 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.