Position: Field Worker (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: October 3, 2022
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara Health Institute is seeking a qualified and experienced Field Worker who will collect mosquito data in buses, trains, bus stops, and train stations; sort mosquitoes, and record the entomological data collected in the mobile mosquitos’ phase II project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all data and samples collected from the experiments are properly recorded and stored.
- Supervise volunteers working within the project(s).
- Maintain all project(s) equipment in good order whenever in custody.
- Maintain constant liaison with community members in the study area to ensure the smooth running of project(s) activities.
- Implement quality control procedures, and ethical guidelines are met in the running of the project(s).
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Form 4).
- Ability to identify mosquitoes in different taxa.
- Ability to conduct field mosquito larval sampling survey.
- Knowledge in rearing immature mosquitoes to adult.
Skills and Competencies
- Good verbal and oral communication skills in Swahili and local language.
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to work.
- Physical fitness.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect, and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]