The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Provide upto date BVA to the support and Program teams and support them for upto date spending plans.
- Check and capacity build the Implementing partners
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Management of Donor budgets, implementation as per donor rules, monitoring of the projects and reports are according to NRC’s and donor procedures.
- Support project staff in financial matters including budget preparation, budget monitoring and budget revisions.
- Maintain budget control so that the spending is as per donors projects per area/country
- Management of the implementing partners for budgets, reporting and capacity building.
- Arrange, manage and coordinate the project audits and Partners audits
- Ensure the BPO is updated on real time basis and prepare the country Forecast as per NRC deadlines.
- Follow-up with Implementing and consortium partners.
- Prepare donor financial reports and submit to the regional office for review.
- Minimum BA in accounting /Finance and any other related field
- Having CPA certificate will be added advantage
- Four years’ experience working as a Finance Coordinator or above in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable INGO.
- At least two years experience in supervising staff.
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Position: Finance Coordinator – Budget and Reporting
Reports to: Area Manager
Supervision of: Finance Officer and Finance Assistant – Budget and Reporting
Duty station: Kibondo
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply “
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.