Employment Type: Project Full Time
Title: Finance Officer, Bright Project, Tanzania
Location: Tabora, Tanzania
Deadline for submission: September 2 2022. Those who had applied should not apply
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI)’s Africa Region Corporate Services Unit comprises a team of experts that work closely with the Country Offices in the region and HQ in Ottawa.
The primary mandate for the Corporate Services Unit is to provide leadership and support in corporate and program finance management, budget management, donor reporting, procurement, and office administration functions.
The Finance Manager Tanzania will work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager, Tanzania , and the regional corporate team to deliver on its mandate on all finance aspects at the country level.
You are someone who has sound technical and professional knowledge of finance and accounting and have an excellent ability to accommodate to new situations within the organization.
You can multitask and prioritize effectively. You are well organized, and flexible and enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a diverse office environment.
You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or another related field from a recognized university with 4 years of experience working in accounting and/or finance, particularly in a donor-funded organization of projects.
3-year experience working in project office administration. Skills in financial management knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls, in an international context required.
Attention to detail, competent experience in Microsoft suite, especially Excel and ability to work under pressure. Knowledge of Great Plains, QuickBooks, or Peachtree will be an added advantage.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Ensure there is an effective support to project staff in understanding and implementing NI financial and administrative policies and procedures, including effective and regular use of the contracts database and CLM.
- Review project financial documents for accuracy, reliability, completeness, and compliance with the Contribution Agreement compliance regulations.
- Provide effective support to the program staff with quarterly budget variance reports and track justifications for variances.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information, including reviewing financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis, and reports before they are submitted to the Regional Office.
- Ensure the accuracy of BRIGHT Project information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are always kept up to date by Project Officers.
- Ensure effective management of cash flow.
- Support contracting and procurement of various services, and goods as may be required
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits, flexible work hours, and four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays). We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks. For more detailed information about the role, please click on the Job Description and click on the below link to submit your application.