As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The “Support to East African Market-Driven and People-Centred Integration” (SEAMPEC) programme supports the East African Community (EAC) integration process that focuses on the needs of the private sector as well as on social aspects.
SEAMPEC is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and jointly steered and implemented by the EAC Secretariat and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
SEAMPEC works – among other areas – to improve framework conditions for economic growth in the EAC, e.g. by removing identified trade barriers and assisting the business sector in developing policy recommendations.
Furthermore, the programme assists selected economic sectors in their implementation of regional agreements that improve framework conditions for increasing value-addition.
In the area of trade SEAMPEC together with the EAC Secretariat and implementing partners supports strengthening the legal framework thereby removing identified trade barriers in the service sectors tour-ism, ICT and professional services.
Furthermore, the programme assists the EAC to jointly formulate harmonized positions in the negotiations for the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
GIZ is seeking to recruit a Finance Specialist to ensure that financial administration functions well in accordance with GIZ standard procedures
Duty station: Arusha, Tanzania
Fixed term contract
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Finance Specialist is expected to carry out the following tasks and services:
- effectively coordinating with the staff of the finance team or the Commercial Affairs Department at GIZ Head Office
- financial planning, monitoring and accounting for GIZ-assisted projects
- Cost output reporting – KOMP
- Contract Monitoring
- prepares monthly and annual budgets and monitors deviations
- Planning and steering on cost basis KOMP (Onsite Reporting)
- Preparation of financial reports for co-financings
- Service package checks for correct booking
- Cost and expenditure rebookings
- Support preparation and execution of Internal control
- External audit management and follow up Audit report with partner
- Contract monitoring and management (e.g. Obligos, Shedule of finance, upcoming payments, Contract Finalization)
- Project closure procedures
- Quality control accountability of local subsidies and financing agreements
- reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- is responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experiences
- BA in accounting and auditing or similar area
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- in-depth knowledge of accounting software
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- confidential handling of data and information
- very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected].
Please use the subject line “Finance Specialist”. Closing date for submission: 09.09.2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.