We are the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Ketel One Vodkas, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, and our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Our performance ambition is to be one of the best performing; most trusted and respected consumer products of premium alcohol drinks in the world. We are proud of the brands we make and the enjoyment they give to millions.
We are passionate about alcohol playing a positive role in society as part of a balanced lifestyle. It is central to our purpose to celebrate life, every day, everywhere!
We are looking to add a new member to complement our incredible Finance team where trust and support are in their DNA!
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for all corporate accounts payable and accounts receivable end-to-end processes including the supervision of, and providing guidance to, the various accounting clerks in the back-office based in the country.
Providing the highest level of customer service to all internal and external stakeholders is paramount. Like our partners, we spend most of our time looking into the future, planning, forecasting and performing scenario analysis to drive transparency and informed decision making.
In this role you will gain a deep understanding about what drives product performance, from commercial volume drivers through the value chain to operating profit.
You will engage with a wide variety of partners, innovation, supply, procurement, revenue growth management and other finance teams.
Purpose of the Role: To support corporate finance teams to improve financial outcomes by providing financial analysis and decision support, all the while upholding an effective control environment.
• Ensure new suppliers are set up timely, in accordance with regulatory requirements and supplier accounts are set up correctly, invoices are flowing correctly, and payments are being made to terms for all suppliers across all entities.
• Ensure all payments are properly approved and invoice coding is reasonable.
• Ensure regular AP reconciliations are performed on the larger AP balances.
• Assist with the issuance of Purchase Orders to several departmental budget holders.
• Provide guidance as required to back-office support team.
• Monitor and report on a weekly basis the accounts receivable positions on all customer accounts for the Guinness brand businesses.
• Monitor and oversee chase activities for the collection of aged debt across the Guinness businesses.
• Ensure all cash allocations are accurately and timely applied for all trade receivables.
• Ensure all new customers are set up timely, in accordance with regulatory and corporate requirements and ensure all customer terms are monitored and master data maintained accurately for all customer accounts.
• Perform month end close responsibilities including journal entry preparation, supports the reconciliation process.
• Prepare financial & statutory reports and oversee the statutory adjustment and transfer pricing process.
• Support the decision making process with different financial controlling analysis.
• Simplify our reporting and decision-making processes by using digital tools.
Qualifications And Experience Required:
• Minimum HND or degree in Finance and Accountancy / Economics / Business.
• 3-5 years of experience in Finance / Financial Controlling.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and a wide variety of business applications.
• Experience of using Financial Accounting systems highly desirable.
• Good communication and business partnering skills with senior stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to details and commercial savvy.
• Organized with strong analytical, attention to detail, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time.
• Track record of success working in a high volume and complex environment.
• Able to work independently once established and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
• Ability to learn new financial information systems and data and to work between various IT systems efficiently and accurately.
• Experience in a Shared services environment is considered as an advantage.
• Confirmed ability to distill out complex business issues, provide logical and clear plans for action.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]