Online registration for GDE Grade 8 in the academic year 2022/2023. Online application forms for grade 8 registration in Gauteng in 2022. You will be required to register yourself as the parent, as well as your kid who will be entering Grade 8 in the fall of 2022.
When applying, it is essential that you include your cellphone number since all further communication will be sent to you by text message.
Please have the following papers ready as you will be required to upload them into the system when submitting your application.
Online GDE Grade 8 Registration for the Class of 2022
This mission is carried out by the Gauteng Department of Education, which is responsible for providing compulsory basic education to all learners in the province, including those with special needs and those enrolled in early childhood education. As a result, the Department strives to ensure that all learners in the Gauteng Province have access to high-quality teaching, learning, and assessment opportunities.
The following documents are required for GDE Grade 8 registration in 2022:
Before you may submit any papers, they must all be certified.
Learner identification papers include:
- Birth certificate and the most recent school report.
Documents for the parent(s):
- Proof of residency is required (municipal account)
- Proof of employment address (if applying using this criteria)
- Identification document or passport (of both parents)
If you are not a South African citizen, you will need the following additional documents:
- Study permit, a temporary or permanent residency permit from the Department of Home Affairs, or a visa.
- Evidence showing you have submitted an application for permission to remain in South Africa.
Instead of bringing the papers to the school, you should submit them electronically.
Please keep in mind that learners who live in the designated feeder region as well as siblings will be given priority over those who do not meet the work address requirements.
Please feel free to visit any of the decentralized walk-in centers mentioned on the GDE admissions website if you are having any problems with your online applications or submitting your papers.
2022 School Admissions Applications For Grade 1 and Grade 8
Current Admissions Phase: Application Period
2022 Online Admissions GP | Once the Application Period is complete, the Placement Period will begin as follows:
PHASE 1: 15 October – 30 November 2021
PHASE 2: 15 November – 30 November 2021
Parents & guardians must pay close attention to what’s expected of them in each phase.
How do I apply for a school place?
Following three essential stages in the application process, you should begin the Gauteng Department of Education online registration procedure for your kid as soon as possible. These phases are as follows:
- Filling out the information about the parent or legal guardian
- Providing the learner’s information
- Putting in an application to a school
Step 1: Provide the contact information for the parent or legal guardian.
- When you visit the GDE’s official website, the first thing you must do is click on the “Apply for 2022” button or register by filling out the online form. You must agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click “I Accept.” Continue to the next step in the application process. After that, you will continue to the page where you will be required to fill in your personal information.
- Each field indicated with an asterisk on the “Enter Parent/Guardian Details” form must be completed when it occurs. The necessary information includes the municipality, the street name and number, your phone number, and so on and so forth. After that, you will be required to provide your South African identification number. You may leave the boxes containing the phone number and email address blank if you want.
- During the application process, you will be required to establish both a username and a password for your account. When you visit the main program, you will be required to enter this password. The password must be unique and include at least 8 characters, which must include a capital letter, tiny letters, a special character, and a combination of numbers and letters. It is important not to forget, therefore make a note of it and store it somewhere secure. However, if you forget your password or username, you may get a new one.
Step 2: Include the learner’s details in the document.
You must complete the following fields on the next page, titled Enter Learners Details:
Fill up the blanks with the information about your kid, including whether or not the learner is a South African citizen, the identity number, the province, and the current grade level.
Following completion of all necessary fields, you should click on the “Submit Learner Details” button to submit your information.
Step 3: Submitting an application to a school
Then you need do the following steps:
1. Select an application from the drop-down menu. Choose one of the following options: home address, sibling’s residence, workplace residence, school within a 30-kilometer radius of your home or job, school outside a 30-kilometer radius of your home or work, or school of emphasis learning.
Boarding school and a prior school are two more choices that you may utilize for placement but not for application; they are boarding school and a previous school.
- As soon as you pick either the “home address” or the “work address” option, the system will automatically filter the schools and ask you to select one from the choices that is either near to your house or your place of employment.
- If you choose the “sibling” option, you will be able to apply to a school where your sibling is currently enrolled. It is necessary to provide information on the sibling, including their name, surname, and the school where they are enrolled.
- If you choose to utilize the option that considers schools within or beyond a 30-kilometer radius of your home location, the system will give you with a list of all the schools within or beyond the radius, allowing you to choose a specific school from among those listed.
- The last option you may choose is “school of concentration learning,” and a selection of institutions that provide this kind of education will appear. To get admitted, the student will have to pass a series of exams.
You may submit an application to a maximum of five schools per kid.
2. When you have finished filling out the application form, you may click on “Submit Application,” and your application will be sent.
3. After that, you will get an SMS confirming that your application has been successfully submitted to the system. An identification number for the Waiting List will be provided to you, which will display on the screen.
The number indicates that your application was received and processed successfully. Please double-check that you received the SMS, because if you did not, you must make certain that you completed all of the necessary steps correctly and in a timely manner.
It is important to note that even after receiving a Waiting List reference number, you, as a parent, have the option of submitting another application.
Following the submission of your initial application, you will be presented with three choices from which to select. You may exit the program by using the “Apply to another school for the same learner” or “Apply for another learner” buttons, or by pressing the Logoff button.
Six different kinds of Waiting List reference numbers are available to be sent out to people. They are as follows:
WA1- The parent who lives in the feeder zone that is nearest to the school is designated.
WA2 – A kid attends the same school as a sibling.
WA3 – A parent who works in a school’s feeding zone is designated as such a school’s location is within a 30-kilometer radius of the parent’s home address in WA4.
WB – The parent’s home address is more than 30 kilometers away from the school where their child is enrolled.
WA5 – Schools of Intensive Instruction
Documents that must be provided
Once you have completed your online registration for the class of 2022, you will be asked to provide the following papers to the institution that you choose when applying for the position.
The confirmation note of application will include a list of all the required papers, which will be different for South African citizens and non-South African nationals.
Because of this, regardless of whether the kid is starting Grade 1 or graduating from Grade 8, the following papers will need to be submitted:
- Your identity papers proving your status as a parent or legal guardian
- The learner’s birth certificate must be shown.
- Proof of your residence or place of employment
- Immunization records or a clinical certificate demonstrating that the kid is free of TB, tetanus, hepatitis B, polio, measles, and diphtheria are required (if the child is applying as Grade 1 learner)
- It is necessary to provide the most current report of the kid if the child is enrolled in another institution.
If, on the other hand, the student is not a South African, you must provide the following documentation:
- The parent’s or legal guardian’s passport is required.
- Proof of your residence or place of employment
- The child’s Asylum Seeker or Refugee Permit is required.
- The child’s most recent academic report card from the school where he or she is currently enrolled (if the child is applying for Grade 8)
- Make certain that you present all of these papers to the school within seven days after submitting your online application for school admissions.
Please keep in mind that the information below pertains to the application procedure for the year 2022. The Online Admissions Applications for the 2020 academic year were closed in July of this year.
New updates for the GDE application 2022 will be available on the GDE’s official website in the near future. The next application season should begin in April or May of this year, at the very latest.
Some candidates may think that the admissions procedure for GDE programs is complicated. When you have all of the knowledge you need, however, the reality is that it is not difficult at all.
Whether you are a South African or not, it is important to remember that, in addition to completing an online application, you must also send in all of the needed papers to the institution.
The reason for this is because it affects whether or not the child’s or ward’s admittance will be handled. We hope that this information will assist you in completing and submitting your application effectively.
And we hope that you will take the position of your dreams given by the department, where your kid will get a high-quality educational experience.
For more information Visit official Website GDE Grade 8 Registration 2022 Online