Job title: Grants/MEAL Officer
Reporting to: Area Manager
Technical line manager: Grants Management Coordinator
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Grants and MEAL Department
Overall purpose of the role:
• Work with programme and MEAL staff to develop high-quality and timely reports for donors and other country- and HQ-level communication material.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the initiatives to expand the portfolios, including contributions to proposal development and programme design.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in the partnerships process.
• Coordinate and support the development and finalization of high-quality, timely reports for donors, partners, and government on programme progress, ensuring all donor reporting requirements are met and strategically positioned to demonstrate DRCs leadership in programming in the country context.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in overseeing proposal development processes, including drafting and producing high quality concept notes and proposals and coordinating with all business areas.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator and Country Director with the development of programme strategy and/or drafting of position papers and other related initiatives leveraging evidence from programmes.
• Support the Grants Management Coordinator in ensuring sound project cycle management across the country portfolio.
• Serve as main gatekeeper of high-quality reporting and communication activities for all portfolios, drafting original content and providing strategic guidance on positioning and messaging of all reporting and communications materials.
• Support the process of needs assessment data collection.
• Serve as main gatekeeper of donor compliance for all portfolios, providing operational guidance to programme teams based on donors’ rules and regulations.
• Serve as focal point on Partnerships, acting as the focal point for the partners as needed through the vetting process and project lifecycle.
• Support the development of strategic partnerships and partner mapping.
• Lead the maintenance of a partnership tracking database for the mission.
• Support partners to develop proposals for DRC programmatic and related activities
• Proposes tools to improve long-term partnership management. Ensures that the capacity building plan is carried out according to the approved timeline.
• Ensure that the partnership steps (vetting, contracting, support) are carried out according to DRC procedures and donors regulations. Ensures throughout the project that the commitments of both parties (DRC and partners) are carried out in accordance with the terms of the signed contracts (e.g., requests for funds, justification of expenditures, production and sharing of reports, etc.)
• Support the MEAL Team in the analysis and reporting of findings
• Support the MEAL Team in developing sector-specific data collection tools and ensure their proper use by implementing teams.
• Conduct data collection activities if necessary.
• Work closely with programme MEAL staff to ensure best practice monitoring and reporting of programme activities.
• Lead initiative to identify, research, write, and report on key sector success stories for internal and external audiences, packaging stories that center on evidence to further illustrate impact of the programming.
• Increase visibility and ensure leadership positioning through developing strategic communication materials, such as sector profiles, impact reports, programme briefings and other relevant pieces.
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
• Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager (Grants Management Coordinator)
• At least 3 years of professional experience with an international development organization.
• Familiarity with UN, US and EU donors with special attention to reporting requirements.
• Ability to represent DRC to international donors, government officials, local groups and community members.
• University degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or equivalent professional qualification
• Excellent English written and spoken is essential
• Knowledge of local language and of French would be appreciated
• Project Managers
• MEAL Team
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 September 2022.