The Legal Services Facility (LSF) a registered non-government Organization (NGO) with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/00011. It is a basket fund created to channel funding on equal opportunity basis to organizations which are providing legal aid and paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. These services assist individuals to claim their rights, redress grievances and protect their fundamental human rights.
The LSF manages a basket fund to which DANIDA and the EU are contributors. It operates as grant maker with the overall goal to increase access to justice through a legal empowerment approach, in particular for women and girls. Through implementing partners, a paralegal cadre of around 4000 is supported, organized in 184 districts based paralegal organizations
Post: Grants Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Senior Finance & Grants Officer
1.0 Job purposes
To effectively manage a portfolio of grants and provide support to grant holders in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget. S/he coordinates the administrative and financial aspects of grants, and grantees agreements by reviewing budget completeness, and coordinates post award actions. Is responsible for timely preparations of all payments and proper management of cash, entry of financial data in the GL, and bank related activities.
2.0 Reporting lines
Grants Officer will report to Senior Finance & Grants Officer
3.0 Key responsibilities and tasks:
The Grants Officer’s specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in site visits of current and future grantees, evaluating usage of grant funds and administrative areas to determine level of risk; provide recommendations to grant execution based on assessment.
• In consultation with the Senior Grants and Finance Officer, provide direction and guidance to Grantees on fund management and control, as needed.
• Support the Senior Grants & Finance Officer in the conduct of post-award orientation meetings with the grantees to ensure that all terms/conditions of the contract /grant were understood.
• In coordination with the Senior Grants & Finance Officer, perform periodic evaluations in order to review compliance with grant requirements. Detect and resolve implementation problems.
• Support the Senior Grants & Finance Officer in the administration and oversight of grant expenditures in accordance with LSF guidelines.
• Maintain good reporting processes for all grants, reporting any grants pipeline issues to management on a monthly basis.
• Assist with tracking costs of grants
• Maintain and update a detailed grants status calendar and grants filing system (physical & electronic)
• Ensure the proper presentation and safekeeping of accurate and complete supporting information for audit purposes
• Assist in the preparation of all supporting information for audits and contacting finance and accounting staff as needed
• Adheres to internal and donor policy requirements on awards and financial management
4.0 Qualifications: A combination of the experience, skills, and education listed below that provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
Experience, Skills, and Education:
• Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
• Experience of working in a similar job in an NGO for at least 3 years.
• Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience in budget review and monitoring with development projects
• Experience in budget analysis and cost controls in development projects
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams
• Ability to prepare presentations and reports
• Willingness to work and travel in all project areas
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If you are Tanzanian and qualified for this post, please submit a single page application letter showing your suitability to the role with an updated Curriculum Vitae to http://erp.lsftz.org/ by Monday 03rd October, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. For a full job profile and information about LSF please visit LSF Website: www.lsftz.org