Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer).
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is seeking to recruit a dynamic and result oriented person to fill a job vacancies below….
Grower Business System Manager
Position: Grower Business System Manager
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL) is seeking to recruit a dynamic, visionary and result oriented person to fill the position of Grower Business System Manager at Grower Agriculture Department reporting to Grower Agriculture Head.
Implement and manage agriculture business systems for effective agriculture data analysis, with focus on components of the Planning, Forecasting and Reporting Systems, Ensure accurate business metrics through a Geographic Information Systems database, Contribute statistics necessary for the production of Strategic plans and Budget Revisions, Support agricultural optimization by driving a high level of data accuracy and integrity in agriculture reporting.
Enable effective monitoring, reporting, benchmarking and decision making across the agriculture function in Country, Promote information sharing through the grower communication platform, Promote a culture of continuous improvement in agriculture data management, Adhere to SHERQ standards and promote world class safety practices.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Coordinate installation of business systems and components as required, including effective systems integration (e.g. CanePro with other estate information management systems), to report on long-term and season trends, crush and production plans, meteorological, manpower and other statistics and reports as required
- Implement and manage GIS system with reference to grower registration and mapping, land use plans, assets under management, land encroachment.
- Build standardized, accurate reports within required timeframes (e.g. Resource Planners, Scenarios and “Op Charts” in CanePro)
- Build capability on-site to enable use of reports e.g. training, streamlining agriculture business systems to facilitate single point of entry, automation, etc.
- Promote the use of and maintain local platforms (e.g. Kilombero ‘Yetu, Asikhulume, etc.)
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement by driving work practices and techniques to deliver high quality, useful agriculture information
- Promote and adhere to lllovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- BSc Degree in Business IT
- 5 years’ experience managing or developing systems for agricultural businesses
- Good business acumen and agricultural expertise, with ability to anticipate, interpret and respond to changes impacting on functional area
- A formal business/commercial qualification would be an advantage
- Strong agriculture data analysis skills
- Knowledge to use GIS will be an added advantage
Terms of service: The successful candidate will be engaged on Permanent Contract.
Method of Application
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their application letters and CVs with three referees indicating “Grower Business System Manager” in the subject line to [email protected] on or before 30th July, 2021.
KSCL is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply