Happy Watoto is an organization running two children’s homes and a primary school. In the latter also fee-paying pupils from the community are accepted.
Our aim is to give vulnerable children an opportunity in life through quality care and an opportunity to a quality education. Each child is unique, and each child has capabilities, and each has a right to explore their capabilities and to reach their capacity. Therefore, our motto is:
Building individual talents for a better common future
In our school we now have a vacancy for a self-motivated and enthusiastic head teacher.
What we expect from him/her:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Education.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a teacher, and at least 2 years of these serving in a leadership position in a school.
- Well versed with the principles of Competence Based Learning, and able to put these principles into action in the whole school.
- Should be able to maintain discipline among the pupils without resorting to corporal punishment, ever.
- Should be a role model as team player.
- Should be fluent in both Swahili and English. Knowledge of any additional language is an added advantage.
If you see yourself in the above qualifications, we would love to hear from you. Send your application letter and CV to:
General Manager of Happy Watoto Homes & Schools
P.O. Box 792
Usa River – Arusha
Deliver them by hand to Ngorika Happy Watoto School in Lerai village, Maji ya Chai ward.
The deadline is 2nd December 2021.
Location: Arusha, Tanzania