Cassper Nyovest is a South African rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record producer. Born Refiloe Maele Phoolo but popularly known as Cassper Nyovest is an award-winning South African recording artist and producer.
He is well known for his numerous albums and hit singles as well as his diverse musical influences. He has been nominated for many awards including the MTV Africa Music Awards, Channel O Music Video Awards and the BET Awards. His album “Tsholofelo” won Best Rap Album at the 2014 South African Music Awards.
Nyovest’s debut album Tsholofelo was released in 2012, making it to number three on iTunes in its first week of release.
Cassper then followed up with Tsholofelo Live in 2013 which featured his biggest single “Thola”, featuring Proverb which achieved platinum status with over 30,000 sales as well as his most recent album titled Kasper Nawzey which was released in October 2014.
Discover the top 10 Richest Rappers in South Africa
Nyovest has received multiple awards such as 3 South African Music Awards, 2 Channel O Music Video Awards, 1 MTV Africa Music Award and 2 BET awards from 5 nominations since his emergence into the music industry in 2009.
How Much is Cassper Nyovest Net Worth?
Cassper Nyovest’s net worth is estimated to be $8 million. Cassper, who is a record producer, and songwriter, has released four studio albums. In 2016, Cassper had a hit single titled “Tsholofelo”. The album was nominated for the Best Rap Album category at the 24th South African Music Awards (SAMA) on 3 May 2017.
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Name||Refiloe Maele Phoolo|
|Born||Mafikeng, North West|
|Birth Date||16 December 1990|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper, Record Producer, Entrepreneur, Brand Ambassador for CIROC and SamsungMobileSA|
Cassper Nyovest Music Career
Cassper Nyovest, who is a South African producer and songwriter, was born Refiloe Maele Phoolo in 1990 in a village called Montshiwa, near Mafikeng. He grew up participating in sports and studies, but he developed an interest in rapping at the age of 12.
CassperNyovest has loved performing in front of audiences since he was very young; even when he was in primary school, he would always fight to be on every single play and show.
By age 16, he dropped out of school to pursue a career as a musician; in the years that followed, he flailed until he got noticed by rapper HHP.
At age 17 in 2008, Cassper signed with a record label called Impact Sounds. This was the most popular Motswako label at the time, featuring artists like Tuks Senganga and Morafe.
After two years of waiting for his album to be released, he chose to start his own label called Press Play Music. He worked with Hip Hop Pantsula on his album “Dumela,” and his popularity increased because of this.
Working with Jabba has boosted Cassper’s young music career to amazing levels. He has performed at multiple shows in South Africa, as well as internationally in Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Namibia and Mozambique. In 2011 he toured with HHP to the UK, performing in Camden and London.
Nyovest has been steadily deepening his international profile for the past several years, opening for some of the biggest names in hip-hop while working on material that would eventually appear on his debut album, Tsholofelo.
That album came in the form of 2014’s Tsholofelo, a massive hit in South Africa to the point that an expanded Platinum Edition with bonus tracks would be released in 2015 to quell the rapper’s hungry fan base.
Following the success of Tsholofelo, Nyovest skyrocketed to star status, performing sold-out shows for increasingly larger audiences and being showered with industry awards. In May of 2017 he returned with his second proper album, Thuto.
How Cassper Nyovest Achieved an $8 Million Net Worth?
Cassper Nyovest is one of the most successful artists in South Africa right now. He has been raking it in for years and he is clearly on the top of his game. He’s sold over half a million albums, and has recently crossed over into mainstream success in the US and UK.
Cassper Nyovest is a perfect example of how to diversify your income streams, even if you’re at the beginning stages of your online business.
You might be wondering… how does he do it? Here are some of Cassper Nyovest’s income streams:
- Music Sales: Cassper Nyovest has been a pioneer in the online music distribution industry, using his website to distribute his music for download. As a result, he’s able to keep more of his profits and make more money from sales than traditional record labels.
- Cassper Nyovest concerts: As a talented artist, Cassper has toured all over the country and performed to packed stadiums. He has played to sold-out crowds in Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Pretoria. His concert tickets are always a sell-out.
- The Cassper Nyovest bus tour: In 2017, Cassper launched his own tour bus called the NN1. This bus was designed to promote his music and take him around South Africa on a nationwide tour.
- CocaCola Deal: The rapper got to feature on the 2018 World Cup theme song because of his partnership with the beverage company. Cassper is featured on the song Colors alongside international artist Jason Derulo.
- Ciroc: This endorsement deal is surely one of the biggest ones this rapper has scored in his career. A joint partnership between Cassper and Diageo, the team invested millions into Cassper’s Fill Up projects from the start to support him.
- Nike Deal: Earlier this year, Mufasa announced that he wanted to be on the cover of Man’s magazine this year and that he has been training for it since. Nike then began helping him with his gear for his workouts, and flying him out to countries like Germany for marathons.
- Drip Deal: Mama I Made It hitmaker Cassper Nyovest’s deal with Drip Footwear caused quite the stir in entertainment circles as to how a local celebrity endorsement “legacy deal” can add up to such an astronomical figure. The R100 million partnership between his label, Family Tree Records, and the South African footwear brand is a whole different ball game.
- Family Tree Records: He is currently the CEO of the company known as Family Tree Records. The company is responsible for producing and distributing his music as well as other artistes in his stable. Family Tree Records is also a concert organizer, event management and production enterprise.
- MTN Deal: Cassper Nyovest earns a substantial amount of money from being an ambassador for MTN South Africa’s “Project Fame”. He was awarded a multi-million rand contract for this endorsement deal.
- GameStop Deal: Cassper Nyovest became a brand ambassador for the South African branch of international electronics retailer chain GameStop in 2013. With that deal, he became the first celebrity to represent Africa on behalf of GameStop globally. This earned him an undisclosed amount of money annually as well as GameStop shares worth $1 million (R15 million).
- Samsung South Africa deal: Rapper Cassper Nyovest and Samsung recently announced their multi-million-rand deal, which will involve multiple billboard appearances, FillUp sponsorship, a TV ad, and more. The rapper’s deal with the tech giant was estimated to be worth a cool R25 million.
Thus, this article is about cassper nyovest net worth. We have tried our best to gather as much information about cassper nyovest net worth but we can’t derive 100% accurate data due to a number of factors. Cassper has earned all his net worth from his album sales, tours, and deals endorsement most of which came out of South Africa.