We are the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
With over 200 brands in 180 countries and a global network of entrepreneurial individuals, our teams blend a diverse range of experience, knowledge and skills.
We connect customers and consumers to our iconic products and create innovative experiences that bring people together to celebrate life.
As a health and safety coordinator, you will be working with sites to attain compliance to legislation, Guinness policies, standards and protocols. You will be a liaison with HSE and supports site in dealing with site based regulatory issues.
There will also be opportunity to lead work streams that are focused on driving continuous improvement & incident reduction. This role develops and maintains the health & safety management system for site / site business area.
You will attend sites health & safety incidents as and when required, Support with H&S Accident & Incident investigations to ensure best practice is followed and that the completion of investigations is within measured time scales.
We want our health and safety team to be true partners to our sites so you will also delivers training on health & safety that supports delivery of the health & safety plan.
• Further embed Guinness’s Environmental, Health and Safety programs and procedures in our culture.
• Work as part of a hard-working team to deliver brilliant results in EHS.
• Ensuring a safe, healthy, zero harm work environment, including compliance with all Guinness safety and environmental policies by all staff, contractors and visitors.
• Verify compliance with all Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety regulatory requirements and ensure Guinness meets it environmental targets.
• Work towards best in class Water, Energy, and Waste critical metrics and implement Best Practices across the site.
• Communicate best in class practices in EHS to other sites.
• Be an authority for all EHS incidents that occur, act as a lead or mentor.
• Ensure all EHS regulatory reporting is accurate and submitted timely.
• Responsible for the site fire protection and security system.
• Follow-up of the company’s KPIs in terms of safety, hygiene and the environment.
• Embed a strong EHS Culture among the entire site.
• Perform inspections, walk-through, and audits to verify that all EHS conditions are being met according to established EHS standards and policies.
• Lead the committee and actions related to civil protection within the office and in the company’s distribution centers.
• Report incidences of findings on any aspect related to EHS (Potential Risks, Unsafe Acts, Unsafe Conditions, Contaminants, Toxic Substances, etc.) that threaten Safety, Health or the Environment.
• Lead and act as an advisor for the correct preparation of investigations of accidents and incidents.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• HND or Bachelors degree in environmental/health Science, Occupational Safety, industrial hygiene or related degree; or equivalent work experience.
• Equivalent experience (1-3 years of direct/dedicated safety experience), required.
• 3+ years related experience in safety or environmental experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of environment and or health and safety management systems.
• Effective communication, Leadership, Focus on results, Teamwork, Self-taught, Tolerance, Honesty, Pro-activity and dynamism, Quick adaptation to the environment and to changes.
• Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Health & safety leadership experience and a track record in a food / drink manufacturing environment.
• Proven track record in managing health & safety incidents & activities.
• Multi site experience within a health and safety environment.
• Knowledge of state and federal OSHA regulations and compliance reporting requirements.
• Experience in proactive and reactive HSEQ environments.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Team: Ability to fit into a team a team, develop professional relationships, and fulfill their role without ever creating conflict with others.
• Effective communications. Ability to communicate QHSE requirements, actions, and training in front of multiple stakeholders upward and downward in multiple organizations. This role will engage with both managers and blue color workers.