Position: Field Worker (1 post)
Reports To: Field supervisor/Project leader
Work Station: Ifakara.
Apply By: June 24th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the vacant position of Technician who will work closely to scientists in Mosquito Mobility study and provide support in various experiments such as field mosquito’s collection, rearing of mosquitoes in the insectary and testing various interventions in both semi fields and fields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend mosquito taxonomy courses among others that improve his data collecting skills.
- Conduct field and semi-field and field experiments within the projects.
- Ensure all data and samples collected from the experiments are properly recorded and stored.
- Perform data entry.
- Supervise volunteers and field workers working within the project(s).
- Maintain all project(s) equipment in good order and custody.
- Maintain constant liaison with community members in the study area to ensure the smooth running of project(s) activities.
- Implement quality control procedures and ethical guidelines are met in the running of the project(s).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the project leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Form 4 and 8 years of working experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and highly focused attitude to work.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills.
- Physical fitness.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below. The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday, the 24th, of June 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Field Worker – Mosquito mobility.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.