We are looking to employ an IT Services Engineer – Application Support to actively participate in our Service Centre and ICT Teams activities in Tanzania.
The incumbent’s will provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to ensure efficient and effective operation of the SICPATRACE solution besides performing daily maintenance, troubleshooting tasks and provide technical support according to established procedures.
The Position holder will also be the primary point of contact to the business unit’s internal and external customers.
- Maintain servers and manage applications in high-availability and production environments
- Test, release, deploy and aid Field Operations Technicians and answer technical queries
- Diagnose and resolve system, application and data issues.
- Coordinate service activities with other teams and technical resources.
- Identify and find solutions to address situations requiring urgent attention.
- Troubleshoot performance issues.
- Respond to requests of development team.
- Anticipate & introduce new servicing tools to monitor & troubleshoot applications.
- Perform and develop monitoring activities.
- Analyze recurring and intermittent problems
- Providing technology mentoring and guidance to more junior employees.
- Providing clear and accessible technical information to senior management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree in a technical discipline related to IT. Vocational training will be considered.
- At least 2 years of postgraduate experience.
- Experience with multi-national teams, where partition of tasks may spread across several geographical entities.
- Interested in monitoring technology trends and in continuous self-improvement.
Specific knowledge and skills linked to the work
- Ability to think strategically and in the long term.
- Good knowledge: Windows, Linux, Java/J2EE, JBoss, SPLUNK, Oracle and SQL
- Working effectively with teams across geographically-distributed Centers of excellence
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively on technical subject matter with non-specialists.
- Good availability for international travels.
- Excellent communication and English language skills.
Knowledge In one or more of the following fields is a plus
- Tableau desktop & server
- Microsoft SQL server – SSRS/SSAS/SSIS
- Power BI
• Our success comes from our highly skilled and talented employees.
• Respectful entrepreneurship and a long-term vision are key for success.
• Our people contribute to a more secure world.
• Diversity at all levels of an organisation is a strength.
We offer an exciting and challenging role, with great potential for personal development within a unique organization in a fascinating and fast-growing industry.
Your file will be handled with upmost confidentiality and discretion.