The National Investments PLC (NICOL) is a public listed company at the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) whose mission is to bring radical enhancement of participation of Tanzanians in the national economy development.
It aims at being a paramount collective investment vehicle which administers funds from the Tanzania general public for purposes of investing in viable economic ventures through equity ownership, as well as direct investment in viable commercial enterprises and new ventures.
As part of its continuous campaign to sustain and manage its investments professionally, and in line with international best practices, NICOL is looking to recruit a competent individual to fill the vacancy of Chief Executive Officer.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors. He/She is responsible for providing dynamic leadership, vision, development, direction and maintains a high level of performance of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the overall management and operations of the company, including:
- Determining and formulating policies and providing over all direction of the company within the guidelines set up by the Board.
- To prepare and submit the Company’s Strategic Plan and the associated annual business plans and budgets to the Board.
- Planning, directing or coordinating operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate executives.
- Analyzing operations to evaluate performance of the company and its staff in meeting the company objectives, and determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement or policy change.
- Directing and coordinating the company’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
- Reviewing the company’s annual accounts and other statutory reports and submit to the Board for approval.
- Directing, planning and implementing policies, objectives and activities of the company to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investment and to increase productivity.
- Preparing the company’s operational, financial and other periodic reports, corporate plans and other reporting requirements and submit to the Board for information and/or approval, as the case may be.
- Directing human resources activities, including approval of human resources plans and activities. Business leadership and human resources capacity development that ensures a motivating work environment and high morale to staff.
- Managing, enhancing and maintaining working and amicable relationship between the company and the regulatory authorities as well as all stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to all statutory requirements related to the operations of the company including compliance as per the continuous listing requirements.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration: Professional Certification in investment advisory, or related discipline from a recognized institution. PhD holder has an added advantage.
- Must have at least thirteen (13) years working experience in relevant field; five (5) years in capital markets related field, and four (4) years in managerial position.
KEY COMPETENCIES/SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Expected candidate must have:
- High probity and integrity – the job requires being honest and ethical.
- Visionary and proactive – the job requires a strategic business planner with the ability to lead and take charge, intelligent risk taker having willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, as well as good communication skills.
- Stress tolerance – job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Computer Literate
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT
The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed on three-year renewable contracts, subject to satisfactory performance.
The post offers attractive emolument
Below 60 years as at the date of appointment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter should be accompanied with
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact details including mobile phone numbers, e-mail, postal address:
- Copies of relevant Certificates and testimonials:
- Two recent color passport size.
All application should be marked “NICOL – CEO” on top right-hand corner of an envelope and submitted by courier to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer,
National Investments PLC,
50 Mirambo Street,
Mirambo House, 3rd Floor,
P.O. Box 7465,
Dar Es Salaam.