Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets.
Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in crop inputs, agricultural insights, dairy and animal nutrition from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth.
By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 has extensive dairy experience in Tanzania having implemented high impact projects including the Tanzania Dairy Development Program (2010 to 2013), Public Private Partnerships for Artificial Insemination Delivery (2015 to 2021), and is rolling out the Dairy Nourishes Africa (DNA) initiative, a 15-to-20-year public private partnership to spur economic grow and livelihoods across the dairy value chain.
The Tanzania Inclusive Processor-Producer Partnerships in Dairy project (TI3P), funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), is a three-year dairy development project implemented by the Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) in partnership with Land O’Lakes Venture37 and Heifer International.
The TI3P project aims to contribute to inclusive agricultural transformation goals in Tanzania by enabling public-private partnerships to (a) increase the incomes of small-scale producers (b) sustainably increase on-farm production, productivity and income of small-scale dairy producers (c) increase women’s economic empowerment and, (d) increase equitable access to improved quality dairy nutrition.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 will implement the project in established dairy markets in Tanzania under the auspices of Dairy Nourishes Africa (DNA), a public-private partnership that includes the Global Dairy Platform (GDP), Land O’Lakes Venture37, and Bain & Company.
DNA takes a market-led, systems approach, where farmer-allied dairy processors are the linchpin for accelerating transformation, working to drive optimal outcomes from farms to consumers and across the operating environment.
TI3P aims to achieve specific dairy transformation goals by implementing activities in six key Outcome Areas of which Land O’Lakes Venture37, under the auspices of DNA, will focus activities in established dairy markets under Outcomes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- OUTCOME THREE: Enterprise Acceleration – Increased capacity utilization and improved growth and profitability at high-potential dairy enterprises
- OUTCOME FOUR: Farmer Production – Sustainable Increase in Farmer Production and Revenue in Established Markets
- OUTCOME FIVE: Demand Generation – Increase in Consumption
- OUTCOME SIX: Strengthened Operating Environment
Summary of the Position:
The Finance Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient management of finance, grants, accounting and administrative functions in the Tanzania office based in Arusha.
This involves leadership of accounting, financial reporting and audits, and close work with the programs team on effective administration of TI3P grants and service contracts.
The Finance Manager will also work closely with headquarters (HQ) program management and finance teams to ensure program compliance with Land O’Lakes Venture37 and donor rules and regulations.
This position partners with and supports the National Coordinator regarding all accounting and financial reporting activities; as well as provides leadership to the entire program team regarding any and all financial and administrative issues, which include HR management, logistics and general administration.
Reporting and Supervision:
- This position reports to the National Coordinator.
- This position supervises the Grants Specialist.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all accounting transactions for the project are properly supported, documented and are recorded in the CostPoint accounting system.
- Ensure payments for employee benefits are processed and paid in accordance with local laws.
- Ensure local timesheets are completed and that local payroll is calculated and processed timely and accurately.
- Ensure that salary or supplemental payment changes are supported by appropriate documentation.
- Complete accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate and timely project financial reports are prepared as required by the internal Finance and Accounting policies, prime implementer and donor rules and regulations.
- Monitor program spending by reviewing the Monthly Project Status (PSR) reports and other management reports for accuracy, impact and potential adjustments.
- Lead the budget forecasting process for the project to communicate budget information to the National Coordinator and HQ.
- Guide and assist budget users to prepare, revise and monitor monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for their ongoing activities and reports.
- Conduct budget analyses and clearly communicate any potential financial issues and their impact on the project to the National Coordinator, Program Director and HQ management teams in a timely and transparent manner.
- Maintain strong internal control environment to safeguard organization assets.
- Coordinate necessary audits, statutory requirements, and financial enquiries from donor, the Government of Country and HQ; including tax reporting as required by local law.
- Support registration maintenance requirements.
- Oversee the grantee selection process and review of grant applications.
- Review all procurements before payments are made to ensure Venture37, prime and donor policies and procedures were followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or other relevant area.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an accounting role on international donor funded programs.
- Knowledge of Tanzania labor and tax laws and reporting procedures.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow under deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Relevant computer software skills, including standard applications within MS Office especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Skills and experience using live, web-based accounting and reporting applications.
- Detail oriented, proactive and flexible.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
Applications accepted through January 14, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only the preselected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is an equal opportunity employer and an organization striving to help global communities thrive through agriculture.
We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Our culture values a diversity of voices.
So, bring us your unique experiences, your workstyle and your dreams — they’ll only make us stronger.
Land O´Lakes Venture37 does not request candidates for payment at any point during the recruitment process.