- Job Title: Procurement Assistant
- Grade: 4 (N)
- Level: Associate Specialist
- Division: Administration
- Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the General Services (GS) department in purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
This position reports directly to the Administration Supervisor, Kasulu Tanzania.
- Assists in procurement of goods and services in a cost-effective, timely and transparent manner in line with CWS Polices, Co-operative Agreement and 2CFR
- Assists in conducting market research to capture the current costs and quality trends of items in the market, evaluates offers from vendors and negotiates better prices on behalf of CWS
- Ensures all approved quotations are captured in SAGE and approved LPOs sent to the
- Receives and reviews invoices and ensures complete documentation (GRN, Invoice, Delivery Note, LPO) before submission to finance for
- Manages flow of complete procurement documents between departments within the CWS Kasulu office.
- Participates in budget preparation by researching cost estimates of proposed
- Analyses incoming bids by coming up with a comprehensive analysis on the requirements of the bid for review by the committee
- Prepares the Request for proposal (RFP) reports for tender committee
- Coordinates and facilitates the vendor pre-qualification
- Tracking of vendor invoices on the procurement excel spread sheet
- Completes vendor forms and updates the scans and the vendor list on the
- Ensures reconciliations for vendors by comparing invoices and
- Participates in developing, facilitating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing procurement
- Responsible for managing all updated procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practices and donor
- Liaises with vendors to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate vendor performance and
- Ensures procurement records are accurate, up to date and in compliance with procurement policies and practices policies and donor
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both within and outside CWS RSC
- Performs any other duties as assigned to improve the operations of CWS Kasulu
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is
- Three (3) years of procurement or related work experience with increasing responsibilities is required.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Working knowledge of SAGE and 2 CFR 200 will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of accounts and budget
- Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems.
- Effectively manage CWS Africa’s
- Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP.
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS
- Take initiative in the development and completion of
- Lead others and address issues as they
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions
Special Requirements: Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) required before the start of employment. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
The candidate should be willing to work overtime on weekdays and weekends as required.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful
implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.