Position: Research Scientist (1 Post)
Reports To: Principal Investigator/Director of sciences
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: June 24th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the vacant position of Research Scientist at the District Entomology project in Ifakara. The Research Scientist will be required to publish manuscript in internationally recognized journals, apply research proposals for funding, supervise students, prepare project reports and conduct presentations at institutional level of international level when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain constant liaison and engagement with community members in the study areas to ensure smooth running of project activities.
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, national and international regulations regarding scientific research are adhered to during the course of all project activities.
- Ensure smooth working relationship between the project (project staff) and other projects within the institute.
- Supervise research interns working with the team.
- Supervise the technical staff, volunteers and field workers working within the project.
- Ensure that all relevant quality control procedures and ethical guidelines are adhered to and that any deviations are properly documented and reported during all project activities and in accordance with requirements of good experimental practices.
- Report on progress and outcomes of the project from time to time, by way of electronic or printed periodic reports, institutional presentations and relevant scientific conferences, where feasible.
- Write and publish high quality scientific papers on your research work in peer reviewed and internationally recognized journals.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the project leader.
Qualification and Experience
- MSc Public Health in Research.
- Working experience of two (2) years.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess good writing skills.
- Good scientific/investigational sills skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills Leadership skills and team work.
- Must possess data analysis skills.
- Mosquito identification knowledge is essential.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to respond to deadlines.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below. The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday the 24th of June 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Research Scientist- DE.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.