Kibondo, Tanzania, United Republic of
Job Identification 2434
Job Category Logistics
Posting Date 07/08/2021, 1:53 PM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated logistics support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Supervise and prepare and disseminate warehouse status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics support function
- Manage the Logistics support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Line Manage a team of staff who will be dedicated to the role
- Regularly identifying deadstock and advise management on the measures to be taken to reduce deadstock.
- Effectively lead the logistics team and carry out all Logistics functions at Kibondo including they refugee camps
- Manage all the warehouses for Kibondo field locations in liaison with the procurement and project teams
- Ensure that Warehouse related transactions are processed in a timely manner and projects materials are properly marked and segregated in storage to avoid confusion.
- Ensure proper layouts of all the storage areas and the safety and security of the materials in stock by limiting access to only those who need to have it for official purposes such as collection of materials or those who are working in stores.
- Conduct inspections and snap checks to ensure that all storage systems are operating well.
- Ensure all store keepers keep proper records at all times such as GRNs, Stock/Bin Cards, Waybills and fuel records where applicable
- Train and capacity build Logistics staff especially those working in stores, Fleet, Assets and effectively provide supervision and guidance to the Logistics Assistants and casuals working within logistics on various occasions.
- Prepare mandatory reports with all details in respect of Warehouse, Assets and Fleet for dissemination to the Area Office by the 5th of Every month for inclusion in country Reports to be submitted to the Region
- Oversee the management of fleet, fuel and related activities and support the Fleet Assistant in reports and coordination
- Oversee the management of NRC Assets
- Can be called upon to support either side of the geographical locations of NRC programs
- A Bachelors degree in Logistics and Warehousing.
- At least 4 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description
- Experience from working as a Logistics Team Leader in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English and Swahili essential
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Position: Logistics Team Leader – Kibondo
Duration and type of contract: July 2021 – December 2021; Renewable Contract
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
About the Team
NORCAP solves key challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, in order to better protect vulnerable people’s lives and rights. We build partnerships and projects with national and international organisations and stakeholders. Skilled NORCAP experts contribute to developing partners’ capacity – to identify and address challenges, improve collaboration and encourage new and innovative approaches. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.
Apply Before 07/24/2021, 1:53 PM