Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling. Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
To provide safe and efficient plant maintenance and shutdown systems for the manufacturing complex and to minimise down time by safely achieving effective use of resources
SHEC Ensure all corporate and statutory requirements are met with respect to SH&E in relation to plants maintenance activities by:
- Compliance to standards and procedures
- Create a positive SH&E culture with employee participation in Orica’s safety program including Take5, JSERA’s and safe work practices
- Provide feedback on SHE issues to line manager.
- Ensure maintenance complies with requirements of Orica policies
- Assist the Operations Team Leaders and the Site manager setting and achieving the objectives of the SHE improvement plan. Commercial Ownership
- Manage maintenance resources to support the operation of the plants at the manufacturing site.
- Follow developed maintenance solutions that cost effectively support long term plant operation.
- Accept responsibility for all maintenance outcomes and demonstrate commitment for improvement
- Monitoring and ownership of work activities during plant maintenance and shutdown. Ensure spares and resources are available at the right time. Customer Solutions
- Minimise downtime and optimise shutdown duration.
- Effectively plan maintenance activities
- Trouble shoot and find root cause of failures
- Identify and contribute opportunities for improvement
- Ensure work orders and SHERMIS actions are completed on time.
- Ensure that PMs and securities are carried out according to scheduled routines and managed on the SAP PM system
- Condition monitoring system
- Maintain site workshop Working Together
- Work closely and communicate with key stake holders, team leaders, technical, engineering project teams and contractors.
- Coach and support the production Team in relation to improving performance through improved maintenance &/or operating practice.
- Ensure effective and coordinated approach as team player in all activities.
- (Core Behavioural) Collaborates
- (Core Behavioural) Situational adaptability
- (Core Behavioural) Customer focus
- (Core Behavioural) Courage
- (Core Behavioural) Self-development
- (Core Behavioural) Develops talent
- (Core Behavioural) Plans and aligns
- (Core Behavioural) Decision quality
- (Core Behavioural) Action oriented
- (Core Behavioural) Cultivates innovation
- (Core Behavioural) Ensures accountability
- (Core Behavioural) Drives vision and purpose
The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation; – Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist; – A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged; – Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth; – Competitive salary packages
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.