Smart codes Limited is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa.
We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a UI/UX Specialist to join our Products Team.
JOB TITLE: UI/UX Specialist
UI/UX Specialist will ensure that through user research, information architecture and UX design, Smart Codes delivers an exceptional User Experience for customers through the Website and Mobile Application Channels.
UI/UX Specialist will have experience with user interface design, usability, user experience, web development technologies, and interfacing these technologies with front end user interface system.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- User experience design
- Mobile and web development technologies
- User testing and research
- Channel strategy
- plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitiveness and experience
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Conduct an ongoing user research
Key performance indicators:
- Exceptional user experience, measured through usability scores and customer feedback
- Conversion rates on key journeys designed (E-commerce and Self-Service)
- Number of innovations designed resulting from user research and testing
- Interfacing technologies with front end user interface system
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a UI/UX Designer position
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
- Profound UI/UX design skills with a solid portfolio of design projects
- Significant experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Significant experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Strong visual design skills with good understanding of user-system interaction
- Strong presentational and team player abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills with a business and creative approach
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other related area
- Experience in project management and research will be a bonus
- Strong communication skills
At Smart Codes, we love working with talent who are driven, and thoughtful individuals focused on creating great and disruptive technology products. You will be part of an environment that puts collaboration at the centre. Where we value your insight, energy, and we know the special mark that great developers make on a product and the success of a business.