Tanga Cement PLC believes that for employees to play their full role in the achievement of the Company’s business objectives, there should exist an on going comprehensive and effective training and development process at all levels. The company therefore invests in personal and professional development from the start of an individual’s career.
The periodic People Forum is part of the on going process of evaluating people’s performance and identifying their potential to meet the Company’s targets.
Tanga Cement PLC makes use of on-the-job training, mentoring, coaching, exchange programs within Group Companies, corporate programs, and also formal external training programs to help employees develop the required skills.
Employment opportunities at Tanga Cement PLC
Position: Buyer II
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
- Organize the work of procurement section and process purchases of the Company.
- Manage purchases of the company to minimize down time cost.
- Source goods and services.
- Process orders.
- Expediting deliveries.
- Negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage performance of suppliers in the portfolio.
- Process purchase requisitions raised in SAP by issuing RFQs, conducting negotiations with suppliers and creating purchase orders.
- Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially area of responsibility.
- Observe relevant environmental policies and regulations
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor degree in Procurement and/or Logistics or Supply Chain Management or any related field.
- Registered member of a recognized professional body such as PSPTB or CIPS.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in a multinational manufacturing company.
Knowledge & Skills
- Functional SAP knowledge.
- Good planning and insight to foresee and investigate difficulties in obtaining parts, equipment and other supplies.
- Strategic sourcing experience; contracts management and commodity procurement knowledge.
- Computer literacy.
- Reasonably independent and able to resolve own difficulties.
- Strong supplier negotiation skills.
- Service oriented to other departments. Ø Honest and trustworthy.
- Accurate and good attention to details.
- Able to respond to demanding situations and high work pressure. ØFluent in English.
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive package in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and copies of relevant certificates by email to [email protected] on or before 21st July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.