EHOD Central Zone
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 09-Jun-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The purpose of the role is to develop and execute regional strategy and execute plans derived from CBU strategies or plans. The position is responsible for execution of strategy and plans within the region and across the CBU, MPESA, EBU and Technology business units.
• The position manages the full P&L of the region.
• Act as a key representative / liaison of VC Tanzania within the region with key stakeholders such as private and public sector officials, staff, non-governmental organisations, customers, etc.
• Manages a diverse portfolio within region, directly or indirectly, across marketing, sales, emerging markets, technology, safety, human resources etc.
• Responsible for commercial capex and opex management within the agreed upon governance process .
• Develop a strong competitor footprint in the area of operation.
• Provide people leadership within the region.
• Drive cross functional collaboration.
• Ensure that we build and maintain a strong network position within region.
• Customer obsessed and solution orientated.
• A strong change leader and ability to adapt to new opportunities and challenges.
• 5 years of marketing/commercial/strategy experience, experience of strategy articulation and/or execution an advantage
• Detailed knowledge of mobile telecoms or related industries, as well as general strategy issues and problem solving approaches
• Specific knowledge of network, sales and distribution value chain plus business management in a commercial operational context
• Strong knowledge and experience of Vodacom operating model or equivalent similar global corporate operation
• Ability to operate successfully in dynamic, uncertain and challenging environments, and to manage effectively in a matrix organisation
• Creativity in problem solving, with a positive ‘can do’ approach
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; Strong personal impact and influencing skills
• Strong management skills
• A diversity champion or leader in the context of the evolving working environment and society at large
• Delivers the company’s financial results related to capex, opex, revenue and margin as defined from time to time.
• Be role model for the organisation by working with Speed, Simplicity and Trust.
• Network quality and coverage within region.
• Ensure strong competitor footprint within region.
• Brand health – NPS and ENPS.
• Drive sales performance across channels (CBU, EBU and Mpesa)
• Grow revenue and subs market share within area.
- A minimum recognised 3 years of technical or business qualification. A postgraduate technical or business qualification is advantageous.
- * Influences strategic decision making related to general marketing plans to support the achievement of the marketing strategy;
- * Leads the delivery of the marketing strategy, designing, developing and implementing marketing programmes to support with the products and services lifecycle in the region;
- * Uses advanced analytical thought to design and execute methods for tracking and responding to competitor marketing activities;
- * Works together with team of marketing professionals and ensures that they deliver activities related to channels, segments and pricing;
- * Builds strong relations and works closely with key stakeholders across the business including Sales and Technology;
- * Demonstrates strong communication skills and supports activities which develop strategic partnerships and highight the impact of local arrangements on strategic commercial position;
- * Accountability for budget in region.
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Complexity Management
- Segment Strategy and Planning
- Always on Marketing
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.