Community Adolescents Officer, Arusha Office
Position: Community Adolescents Officer
The Community Adolescents Officer will be responsible for developing gender mainstreaming strategies, policies and creating gender awareness while developing gender initiatives that would position Focus Africa as a gender friendly environment.
- Ensure Focus Africa has in place policies that provide for equal opportunities for all genders in areas of recruitment, training, promotions, remuneration, participation in committees, travel etc without any discrimination.
- Develop affirmative action plans that ensures Focus Africa is a leading organization in fulling constitutional requirement in matter of gender representation.
- Ensure Focus Africa has policies that create an enabling working environment for all genders taking care of special needs of any particular group
- Plan, develop and implement programs and activities that promote gender affairs in Focus Africa
- Prepare periodic management reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) on gender affairs
- Collect data and maintain database on various matters of interest on gender affairs companywide
- Source external financing for Gender activities and programme
- Establish and maintain partnerships with governmental agencies on gender affairs, NGOs and other organizations that promote gender affairs
- Offer advice to management on gender affairs
- Perform any other duties allocated by Management from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher diploma in Social Sciences, Social work, Sociology or other related disciplines.
- Practical experience in writing business plans for gender mainstreaming.
- Practical experience in writing proposals and report writing.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications to be sent via email to [email protected] to reach us by 10th June 2021 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.