EWURA Tanzania Jobs 2021. The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world-class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors.
Post Title: Natural Gas Transmission Manager -1 post
Duty Station: Dodoma
Reports to: Director of Natural Gas
Gas Transmission Manager will be responsible for monitoring the quality and standards of Natural Gas transmission processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support in overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Petroleum Act, 2015 by ensuring technical, environmental and safety aspects of the natural gas sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
- To provide support in ensuring optimal provision of technical, environmental and safety inputs to regulating and controlling the distribution and sale of natural gas.
- To liaise with Tanzania Bureau of Standards and other such institutions to establish or monitor standards of natural gas.
- To provide support in reviewing, issuing, renewing and revoking licenses for natural gas processing and transmission services in accordance with the Act and accepted standards.
- To review technical viability of new natural gas development projects in accordance with the Act.
- To monitor availability, quantity and standards of services provided by natural gas exploiter, distributors and sellers, perform verification tests to determine natural gas quality.
- To provide support in reviewing, for updating, and advise on the entire natural gas licensing process, including fixing and applying for application and licence fees, reviewing terms and conditions of licenses and tariffs, reviewing and advising on tariffs and prices of natural gas processing and transmission services, advising on rules for terms and conditions of licenses for supply of natural gas to consumers.
- To provide support in implementation of regular inspections, audits and investigations pertaining to the natural gas sector and enforce published regulations, code of conduct and rules.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering (Petroleum, Gas, Mechanical, Chemical and Process) or Geo – Science (Geology or Geo-Physics).
- Possession of Master’s degree qualification in relevant field or others such as Business Administration.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer or appropriate Professional Bodies.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least seven (7) years’ work experience in relevant fields.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certified certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 23rd June, 2021.
Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P 0 Box 2857,
The deadline for submitting the application is 23rd June, 2021.